This delicious Brussels Sprout Sauce will have you craving Brussels sprouts all the time. Easy and cheesy, this simple dip dresses up any vegetable!
Brussels Sprout Sauce
Why is it that Brussels sprouts always get a bad rap? I must admit, growing up I was a little wary of them, I’m not sure why. Maybe because in all the kids books they are always knocking them or maybe it was just playground rumors? Either way, once I gave them a fair chance I actually found that I LIKED them! But it it still takes a little convincing and some creativity to get my family to eat them. This cheesy Brussels sprout sauce is ticket to getting my kids (and husband!) to clear their plates.
More Veggies to Dip
Of course, this sauce isn’t JUST for Brussels sprouts. Try it as a dip or sauce for any of these veggies to give them a cheesy upgrade:
- Green Beans
- Bell peppers
- Baby potatoes
- Pearl onions
Suggestions for Cooking Brussels Sprouts
There are several ways to cook up these little green veggies, but some methods are definitely better than others. Boiling them is a good way to use with this Brussels sprout sauce recipe. Or you can try some of these options:
- Sautee the sprouts right on the stove top. Melt some butter in a pan, then add halved sprouts and sautee until the outer part is caramelized and the insides are tender.
- You can roast these babies too! The roasting process cuts the bitterness of the vegetables and you’ll get a crisp, crunchy side dish that doesn’t taste like a veggie at all.
- Grill them outside on the grill or use a grill pan on the stove top.
- You can steam the sprouts in the microwave by covering several in a microwave safe dish with a little water and microwave until they’re tender. Season with salt.
More Yummy Veggie Side Dishes
Vegetables don’t have to taste bland or boring. Here are a few recipes to try. Kids will love these!
- Roasted Vegetable Medley
- Easy Garden Vegetable Rice
- How to Cook Frozen Corn the Right Way
- How to Cook Frozen Peas
- Vinegar Marinated Cucumbers
- Lightly Fried Green Beans with Lemon Dill Dip
- Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
How to Make Brussels Sprout Sauce
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan with the garlic over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in flour bringing the mixture to a light simmer.
- While continuing to whisk, slowly add milk.
- When the sauce becomes a gravy-like consistency, add salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Serve with steamed (or roasted) Brussels sprouts or any other vegetable. Enjoy!