These Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts are so easy to throw together any time of year! The bacon adds a tasty dimension to the dish – a must try!
If you aren’t familiar with cooking Brussels sprouts or trying to find an easy cooking method for Brussels Sprouts, this recipe is a great place to start!
We have been having Brussels sprouts around here a lot lately. They are so delicious and I can’t get enough of them! We made these roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts the other night with our Easy Cheesy Brussels Sprout Sauce and it was a huge hit.
The potatoes tasted awesome dipped in the sauce too! If you are having a hard time getting your kids to eat Brussels sprouts, try it with the cheese sauce (really, it is the only way my kids will eat them right now). I love how easy this is to throw together. It is a great side-dish for any time of year, but especially in the Spring/Summer when Brussels sprouts are in season.
If you don’t have red potatoes, russet potatoes are a fine substitute– they just don’t have that smooth texture of red potatoes. Just make it easy on yourself and use whatever you have on hand! Last time I made these I threw a packet of onion soup mix into the oil mixture and it was fantastic. Try this if you want a slightly bolder flavor. Another great seasoning to add is the Zesty Italian dressing mix (the seasoning, not the dressing).. this is actually one of my favorite ways when I am in a hurry and don’t want to measure things out.
Roasting Brussels sprouts is definitely one of my favorite methods of cooking them. It seems to cut the bitterness more than sauteing or steaming. Roasting the Brussels sprouts with BACON is definitely the way to go if you are wanting to get rid of that bitter taste almost completely. Picky kids (and husbands) will love the taste of these!
This serves as a great side dish to almost anything! Chicken, fish, beef… it is a great, LIGHT side dish that complements just about everything.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Scrub and rinse the potatoes. Pat dry and dice into 1" pieces.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and trim off the ends, slice in half length-wise.
- Whisk olive oil, garlic, rosemary (optional), salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add potatoes and Brussels sprouts and stir until potatoes and Brussels are coated in the oil mixture.
- Place potatoes and Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and sprinkle bacon pieces over the top.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes. Potatoes should be golden and soft and Brussels should be well roasted and lightly charred-- bacon should be nice and crispy.