Looking for some breakfast ideas? Whether it is a busy school morning, or a lazy summer one, you can never go wrong by starting the day with a good breakfast!
Brilliant Breakfast Ideas
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it’s easy to get stuck in a breakfast rut. Sometimes you just need a few ideas to get the wheels turning. Here are 25 tasty and filling breakfast recipes for you to browse. We are sharing easy breakfast recipes from 5 categories – Breakfast Sandwiches, Egg Breakfasts, Sweet Breakfasts, Breakfast Breads, and Grab-and-Go Breakfasts. Each recipe is a tried and true family favorite your family will love. In addition, we’ve included 8 quick breakfast ideas and a recipe for our hearty Breakfast Quesadillas.
Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas (Only 2 ingredients)
When you need to come up with something quick, these two-ingredients breakfasts are lifesavers! Keeping some of these ingredients on hand for those mornings that are rushed is always a good idea. It only takes a few minutes to throw these breakfasts together, yet they are still filling and will hold the family over until lunchtime.
- Instant Pot Oatmeal – It only takes 2 ingredients and 3 minutes to feed the whole family a nutritious and filling breakfast of old-fashioned oats.
- Avocado Toast – This healthy breakfast will keep you full until lunch. Add an egg for an extra protein kick.
- Cottage Cheese with Fruit – Top a bowl of cottage cheese with sliced peaches, pears, pineapple, berries for a quick and refreshing breakfast.
- Bagel and Cream Cheese – With so many bagel and cream cheese options, you can mix and match flavors every morning for a month! One of our favorites is an everything bagel that is toasted and topped with whipped cream cheese.
- Yogurt with Fruit or Granola – Use Greek yogurt for extra protein with any kind of fresh berry, sliced bananas, or peaches. For a little crunch, add some granola or nuts.
- Bananas and Peanut Butter (or Nutella) – Place 1 tablespoon of peanut butter in a small bowl and use it as a dip for a banana or apple slices for a fast breakfast. Crunchy peanut butter or Nutella are also delicious.
- Toad in the Whole – This is a fun breakfast to cook and to eat. Cut a small circle in the center of piece of bread, butter both sides, then place it in a small skillet. Crack an egg into the hole. The bread is toasted and the egg is cooked all at once.
Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
Breakfast sandwiches are the best! They are hearty and easy to eat, especially for kids. Plus, the possibilities are endless. All of your favorite breakfast foods can be piled onto an English muffin, whole wheat toast, croissants, or baked in a pastry shell. It is a convenient way to eat breakfast on the run, or add some fruit on the side for brunch or a nice, sit-down breakfast on a relaxing morning.
- Egg McMuffin (Copycat recipe) – Our version of an Egg McMuffin from McDonald’s restaurant is more customizable, less expensive, and we have to say, it tastes better.
- Avocado Toast with Egg – Add an egg and tomato to avocado toast for an enhanced avocado toast experience. We also like to add some Everything Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s.
- Breakfast Croissant Sandwiches – Layer a fried egg and your favorite breakfast meat on a flaky croissant for an appetizing and hearty breakfast. Don’t forget a slice of cheese for added yum!
- Breakfast Hand Pies – These rich pastries filled with eggs, ham, and cheese are baked in the oven. A great breakfast for feeding a crowd, and they easy to eat on the run.
- Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – This lightened up version of an Egg McMuffin can be made in bulk and then frozen. It’s an ideal breakfast for busy mornings.
Egg Breakfast Recipes
You just can’t go wrong serving eggs for breakfast. Eggs are high in protein which sustains energy throughout the day. Additionally, eggs are loaded with nutrients like vitamin D, folate, riboflavin, and selenium. Eggs are also versatile and can be combined with a wide variety of ingredients to make a protein-packed breakfast. If you want a jump start to the day, eggs are the way to go!
- Omelets – Start with eggs and add your favorite breakfast meats, cheeses, and veggies for a healthy and colorful breakfast.
- Scrambled Eggs – Try our French-inspired method for perfect scrambled eggs every time you make them.
- Breakfast Burritos – Give the morning some southwest flair by adding beans, rice, salsa, and guacamole to the basic eggs and cheese filling.
- Breakfast Quesadillas (see recipe below) – A breakfast quesadilla is similar to a breakfast burrito, however it is easier to eat and has an added crunch to the outer shell.
- Eggs Benedict – The secret to Eggs Benedict is in the creamy Hollandaise sauce. Our simple recipe helps you make it perfect every time.
- Breakfast Casserole – This is the ideal breakfast for big families or groups. One casserole serves 12-15 people a tasty, warm breakfast.
- Eggs Over-Easy – This is a popular way to serve eggs. The egg whites are cooked through on both sides, but the yolks stay runny in the center.
Sweet Breakfasts (Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast)
A big pancake or waffle breakfast is always a favorite with kids! Weekends are a great time to pull out the waffle iron or griddle and make up something special. Some hot maple syrup or a flavored syrup, and sprinkled powdered sugar on top are just the ticket for a fun breakfast. Everyone will be asking for seconds when you make up one of these delicious recipes.
- Pancakes from Scratch – Ditch the bag or box of pancake mix and taste the difference when you make them yourself. You won’t regret it.
- Banana Pancakes – Cue up your favorite Jack Johnson tune and whip up a batch of these banana pancakes. The bananas caramelize as they cook. They are so sweet and flavorful.
- Gluten Free Pancakes – Yes, gluten free pancakes are for real! This recipe is so good, you won’t miss the gluten at all.
- Easy Pumpkin Waffles – All of the warm spices of fall are prevalent in these delightful pumpkin waffles.
- Crepes – You can fill crepes with just about anything. Our favorite filling is a strawberry cream cheese with fresh strawberries.
- French Toast – This easy French toast recipe goes back to the basics with simple pantry ingredients. Everyone loves this yummy breakfast staple.
Breakfast Bread Recipes
For a taste of homemade goodness in the morning, breakfast breads are the way to go. Breakfast breads, muffins, and cinnamon rolls can be made ahead which makes the morning go even smoother. What’s even better, fresh baked breads just make you happy. They taste so good. Each bite puts a smile on your face and you know it will be a good day!
- Banana Bread – Is there anything better than the aroma of banana bread baking in the oven? A slice of this for breakfast, and the day is going to be amazing.
- Pumpkin Bread – Our recipe for pumpkin bread can be made with or without chocolate chips. Your choice!
- Healthy Banana Muffins – These muffins are low in sugar and high in taste. A great way to start the morning.
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins – This is our healthier version of a Costco chocolate muffin. They are more nutritious and have less calories.
- Bran Muffins – The batter for these muffins lasts for six weeks in the fridge. Make a big batch and you’ll have fresh, warm muffins in a snap. Only 100 calories per muffin.
- Cinnamon Rolls – Homemade cinnamon rolls can be intimidating, but our step-by-step instructions make it so easy. Make a big batch for now and freeze some for later.
We included some quick breakfast ideas above with only 2-ingredients. These breakfasts are also quick, but require a few more ingredients. What’s great about these breakfasts is they are grab and go. Make one of these recipes up and enjoy them on the car ride to school, on the commute to work, or as you watch the soccer game early Saturday morning. They also make great after school snacks!
- Make Ahead Breakfast Parfait – These parfaits can be made ahead and kept in the fridge. They are easy to take along as you run out the door in the morning.
- Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins – Bake these high protein egg muffins while you are getting ready and then eat them in the car on the way to work, school, or to the gym.
- Granola Bars – No bake granola bars are a great energy source in the morning. They are loaded with peanut butter, oats, almonds, and apples.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – The incredible edible egg does not disappoint when it comes to breakfast. Hard boil a dozen eggs and have them ready to go for a quick breakfast.
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie – Have a long commute in the mornings? Sip on this smoothie and enjoy the benefits of great taste and good nutrition on the ride to work or school.
- Green Smoothie – Get your greens in as you start the day with this smoothie. Blend it up the night before and keep it right in the blender jar in the fridge until you are ready to go.
As promised, here is a bonus recipe for our breakfast quesadillas. Much like a breakfast burrito, Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with egg, cheese and your favorite meat. From there, the possibilities are endless. Make it a vegetarian version by adding sauteed red peppers, bell peppers, or onions; or add all that even if you do like meat in your breakfast quesadillas. Unlike breakfast burritos, these are MUCH easier for kids to eat. Whenever my kids attempt breakfast burritos, they always have the eggs spilling out the back, not so with these. Everything stays nice and put. Personally, I like having the little crunch from the crispy shell. It just adds a nice dimension that a breakfast burrito doesn’t provide. Hope your family loves these as much as ours does! Enjoy!
- In a large skillet, scramble the eggs (add salt and pepper to taste).
- Spray skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Place one tortilla on the skillet or griddle and heat on one side.
- When tortilla is hot, flip and add half of the cheese.
- Add scrambled egg and distribute evenly.
- Add bacon over the top.
- Sprinkle on remaining cheese and top with remaining tortilla. Cook for about 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt, then CAREFULLY flip (you don't want all the egg falling out).
- When the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown remove from pan. Cut into quarters with a pizza cutter and serve with sour cream and/or salsa.