My family LOVES breakfast quesadillas. Much like a breakfast burrito, they are filled with egg, cheese and your favorite breakfast meat.
You can never go wrong by starting the day with a good breakfast. Whether it is a busy school morning, or a lazy summer one, these Breakfast Quesadillas are the perfect way to serve your family a filling, tasty breakfast with a lot of variety.
Breakfast Burrito vs. Breakfast Quesadilla
Much like a breakfast burrito, the basis for Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with egg, cheese and your favorite meat. From there, the possibilities are endless. Make it a vegetarian version by adding sauteed red peppers, bell peppers, or onions; or add all that even if you do like meat in your breakfast quesadillas. Unlike breakfast burritos, these are MUCH easier for kids to eat. Whenever my kids attempt breakfast burritos, they always have the eggs spilling out the back, not so with these. Everything stays nice and put. Personally, I like having the little crunch from the crispy shell. It just adds a nice dimension that a breakfast burrito doesn’t provide. Hope your family loves these as much as ours does! Enjoy!
Brilliant Breakfast Ideas
If you’re looking to make breakfast a more appealing part of your day, the Breakfast Quesadilla is a great place to start. Here are a few more yummy possibilities.
- Easy Breakfast Casserole is a show stopper when feeding a crowd. It’s light yet filling and a perfect people pleaser.
- Breakfast Monte Cristos add an egg to the traditional Monte Cristo and it is an amazingly different meal.
- Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits are the perfect quick, healthy option for busy breakfast mornings.
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole can be cooked up overnight with tasty morning results.
- Easy Crepes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling brings a little fancy to your favorite flavors. Enjoy a special breakfast, or easy enough for any day.
How To Make Breakfast Quesadillas
- In a large skillet, scramble the eggs (add salt and pepper to taste).
- Add ham, bacon, and/or sausage. Remove from heat.
- Put 1/4 of the egg mixture and about 1/4 c. cheese on half of each tortilla and fold over.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and carefully place quesadillas in (1 or 2 at a time depending on the size of your skillet). Cook over medium heat until golden brown, then CAREFULLY flip (you don't want all the egg falling out).
- When the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown remove from pan. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut in half and serve with sour cream and/or salsa