My family LOVES breakfast quesadillas. Much like a breakfast burrito, they are filled with egg, cheese and your favorite breakfast meat.
You can also add sauteed red peppers, bell peppers, or onions if you don’t like meat in your breakfast quesadillas. Unlike breakfast burritos, these are MUCH easier for kids to eat. Whenever my kids attempt breakfast burritos, they always have the eggs spilling out the back, not so with these. Everything stays nice and put. Personally, I like having the little crunch from the crispy shell. It just adds a nice dimension that a breakfast burrito doesn’t provide. Hope your family loves these as much as ours does! Enjoy!
- 2-3 eggs beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- diced ham crumbled bacon and/or crumbled sausage (appx. 1/3 c.)
- 1 c. cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 4 flour tortilla shells
- salsa and sour cream to taste
- In a large skillet, scramble the eggs (add salt and pepper to taste).
- Add ham, bacon, and/or sausage. Remove from heat.
- Put 1/4 of the egg mixture and about 1/4 c. cheese on half of each tortilla and fold over.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and carefully place quesadillas in (1 or 2 at a time depending on the size of your skillet). Cook over medium heat until golden brown, then CAREFULLY flip (you don't want all the egg falling out).
- When the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown remove from pan. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut in half and serve with sour cream and/or salsa