This Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copycat Recipe is the real deal. The pork is marinated and slow-cooked to perfection in some surprising ingredients!
This Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copycat Recipe, along with the other Cafe Rio recipes, is one of our most popular recipes on the site to date. We originally put this recipe on WAY back in 2007 and it has been the most popular Cafe Rio Copycat recipe on the internet.
I love making meals in the crock pot and this is no exception. It slow cooks all day long and then at dinner time you have an amazing dish to serve to your family! It also makes the house smell soooooo good! I always make a ton of this sweet pork and eat it for days in burritos, enchiladas, salads, and even plain! It is so easy to do too. If you want to skip the marinade step… go for it. I have done it before and it has still turned out great! This cooks for a loooong time in the slow cooker, but because of differences in slow cooker heat, make sure you check it a few times along the way to make sure it doesn’t get too dry.
All Of Our Cafe Rio Copycat Recipes:
- To make Sweet Pork Burritos, check out the full recipe HERE. To make the Sweet Pork Salad, check out the full recipe HERE.
- To find ALL of our Cafe Rio / Costa Vida copycat recipes, click HERE.
How to make Sweet Pork:
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Copycat Recipe
Put the pork in a heavy duty ziploc bag to marinade. Add about a can and a half of coke and about 1/4 c. of brown sugar. Marinade for a few hours or overnight.
Drain marinade and put pork, 1/2 can of coke, water, and garlic salt in crock pot on high for about 3-4 hours (or until it shreds easily, but don't let it get TOO dry) or on low for 8 hours. Remove pork from crock pot and drain any liquid left in the pot. Shred pork.
In a food processor or blender, blend 1/2 can Coke, chilies, enchilada sauce and remaining brown sugar (about a cup, you can add a little more or less to taste..). If it looks too thick, add more Coke little by little.
Put shredded pork and sauce in crockpot and cook on low for 2 hours. That's it!
More Cafe Rio Recipes from Favorite Family Recipes
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Salsa Fresca (Pico de Gallo)
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Sweet Pork Burrito
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Homemade Tortilla Strips
- The BEST Guacamole EVER
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Sweet Pork
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Cilantro-Lime Rice and Black Beans
- Our Version of Cafe Rio’s Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- The Complete Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad