This easy Cake Mix Cornbread is a perfect cross between a cake and cornbread. The texture is fluffy and smooth but has that yummy cornbread taste!
Cake Mix Cornbread
This Cake Mix Cornbread recipe is so good! The bread is moist and light. I’m not a huge fan of corn breads that are really grainy and dense, or corn breads with vegetable surprises inside. That is why I love this recipe so much. It is a perfect cross between a yellow cake and cornbread, and there are no surprises. It is easy to prepare and tastes amazing with some butter and honey.
Make This in a ‘Jiffy’ with Jiffy Cornbread Mix
This is a great side dish for fall and winter to serve with soup or chili. If you like your cornbread slightly more grainy, add another cornbread mix and another egg. You will end up with more than what will fit in a 9×13 pan. Some people like to get creative with the pan choice when baking this bread. If you have more batter than will fit in the 9×13 pan, you can add the excess batter to some muffin tins for little muffins. One reader suggested baking it in a bundt pan for a different way to serve. Round pans work well too.
One of the great parts about this recipe is the inclusion of Jiffy Cornbread Mix in the list of ingredients. That, combined with the cake mix and other ingredients make this a quick, simple, delicious way to get all the cornbread flavor you love with the perfect texture.
Try this Cake Mix Cornbread with one of our delicious chilis:
- Pork Chili Verde – An award winning chili with tender pork in a tasty, savory green chili sauce.
- Creamy Italian Sausage Chili – This creamy and hearty chili is made with sausage and 3 types of beans.
- Mom’s Cheater Chili – This chili recipe is simple and fast! The ground beef, onions, and tomatoes make a hearty meal.
- Cafe Zupas Chicken Enchilada Chili Copycat Recipe – This chili is loaded with seasoned chicken, beans, and corn in a creamy, slightly spicy, soup.
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili – Chicken, corn, white beans, Monterey Jack cheese and green salsa combine to make a creamy, flavorful chili.
How to make Cake Mix Cornbread
- Spray 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray, or a regular-sized muffin tin.
- Mix cake mix and corn bread mix together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well. The batter should be nice and thick.
- Pour into prepared pan (or muffin tin)
- Bake at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until baked through. Use the "toothpick test" to determine doneness.
- If baking in a muffin tin, bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.