This cornbread is a perfect cross between a cake and cornbread. The texture is fluffy and smooth but has that yummy cornbread taste!
This cake mix cornbread recipe is so good! I’m not huge on corn breads that are really grainy, that is why I love this recipe so much. It is a perfect cross between a cake and cornbread. The texture is fluffy and smooth but has that yummy corn bread taste. This is a great one for Fall/Winter to serve with your chili! If you like your cornbread slightly more grainy — add another cornbread mix and another egg. You might just need to put the extras in another small dish or another muffin tin.
- Spray 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray (you can also do a regular-sized muffin tin if you would rather).
- Mix together cake mix and corn bread mix in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well (the batter should be nice and thick)
- Pour into prepared pan (or muffin tin)
- Bake at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until baked through (use the "toothpick test" to determine doneness). If baking in a muffin tin, bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.