I have been working on a replica for Chicken Enchilada Chili for a while now and I feel like I finally have it. My husband actually prefers this version now, I am so excited to share this soup with you! And just in time for Cinco de Mayo! This soup is great because you can serve it as a side or as the main dish. It makes a great lunch or dinner and your kids will love it!
What makes this soup taste so amazing is that it is made with red and green enchilada sauces. If you don’t like using canned enchilada sauce, we have a great homemade red enchilada sauce HERE. It is so easy to make and you will love the taste! I bet you have most of the ingredients to make it in your pantry right now. For the green sauce, just type “homemade green enchilada sauce” into Google and you will be swimming in DIY options!
The broth of the soup is a little cheesy, a little creamy, a little spicy, and a lot of yum! It is loaded with shredded chicken, tomatoes, chilies, black, beans and corn. Then top it off with crunchy tortilla strips, shredded cheddar cheese, and some sour cream and you have the most amazing soup! To add even more of a homemade touch, you can make our Homemade Tortilla Strips for a topping.
If you love Mexican-inspired soups make sure to try our Copycat Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup, Emily’s Southwest Taco Soup, or one of our Top 20 Most Popular recipes – Black Bean Soup. Any one of these is sure to warm you up on a cold day and fill that comfort food craving!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1 family size 23 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- crunchy tortilla strips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- In a large slow cooker, add the chicken breasts and both kinds of enchilada sauce. Cook for several hours on high until the chicken is cooked and will shred into the sauce.
- Add all the remaining soup ingredients, except the sour cream and cook for 1 more hour. Whisk in the sour cream and turn off the heat.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with tortilla strips, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.