You have got to try our version of Cafe Zupas Chicken Enchilada Chili! It’s loaded with seasoned chicken, beans, and corn in a creamy, slightly spicy, soup.
Cafe Zupas is famous for their delicious soups and for good reason. All of their soups are amazing, but this soup is my very favorite. I have been working on a replica for Chicken Enchilada Chili for a while now and I feel like I finally have it. My husband actually prefers this version now, I am so excited to share this soup with you! And just in time for Cinco de Mayo. This soup is great because you can serve it as a side or as the main dish. It makes a great lunch or dinner and your kids will love it.
What makes this soup taste so amazing is that it is made with red and green enchilada sauces. If you don’t like using canned enchilada sauce, we have a great homemade red enchilada sauce HERE. It is so easy to make and you will love the taste. I bet you have most of the ingredients to make it in your pantry right now. For the green sauce, just type “homemade green enchilada sauce” into Google and you will be swimming in DIY options.
The broth of the soup is a little cheesy, a little creamy, a little spicy, and a lot of yum. It is loaded with shredded chicken, tomatoes, chilies, black beans, and corn. Then top it off with crunchy tortilla strips, shredded cheddar cheese, and some sour cream and you have the most incredible soup! To add even more of a homemade touch, you can make our Homemade Tortilla Strips for a topping.
If you love Mexican-inspired soups make sure to try our Copycat Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup, Emily’s Southwest Taco Soup, or one of our Top 20 Most Popular recipes – Black Bean Soup. Any one of these is sure to warm you up on a cold day and fill that comfort food craving.
Our Version of Cafe Zupas Chicken Enchilada Chili
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1 23 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 10 oz Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz corn drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- tortilla strips
- cheddar cheese shredded
- sour cream
In a large slow cooker, add the chicken breasts and both kinds of enchilada sauce. Cook for several hours on high until the chicken is cooked and will shred into the sauce.
Add all the remaining soup ingredients, except the sour cream and cook for 1 more hour. Whisk in the sour cream and turn off the heat.
Serve in individual bowls and top with tortilla strips, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
More Slow Cooker Soups to Try
If you like the ease and convenience of making soup in the slow cooker, you have to try more of these delicious slow cooker recipes.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup: Chicken and Rice Soup warms you up on cold fall and winter days. It is also ideal for busy days. The ingredients go into the Slow Cooker in the morning and a nice, hot meal awaits in the evening.
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup: There are so many different vegetables in this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. It is very healthy and hearty.
- Slow Cooker Cheese Tortellini Soup: This Cheese Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal. Tortellini, sausage, and spinach in a creamy tomato soup and slow cooked to perfection.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup: This is one of the easiest soups you will ever make. It is filled with flavorful meat and vegetables. Everyone loves it!
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup: Many agree that this Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is actually better than the original! It has a creamy both base and is loaded with sausage and potatoes.