Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole is one of our favorite Fall breakfasts. You will LOVE the soft French toast with crisp apples and gooey caramel!
Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole
What Apples Taste Best in this Recipe?
- Granny Smith
- Pink Lady
- Honey Crisp
Make it the Night Before
More French Toast Recipes
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese French Toast,
- Eggnog French Toast with Gingerbread Syrup.
- Coconut Macadamia Nut French Toast.
- Baked Monte Cristo French Toast
- Kneaders French Toast and Caramel Syrup
How to Make Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole
- Cut bread into large slices (about 3 inches wide) and arrange in a lightly sprayed 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Pour mixture over bread slices. Arrange apples on top of bread.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugars (sprinkle the brown sugar the most generously) over the apples.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning bake for 1 hour at 350 until golden brown.
- Top with your favorite caramel topping. Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel is our favorite but even better than that is making it from bagged caramels: 1 pkg wrapped caramels and 2/3 cup whipping cream. Melt together in microwave.