This Chocolate Banana Bread is SO moist and delicious. The recipe is incredibly easy. Only four ingredients and one of them is a brownie mix.
For this Chocolate Banana Bread, our favorite brownie mix to use is the Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Mix. It has three kinds of chocolate chips — milk, semi-sweet, and dark. The more chocolate, the better (in my opinion)!
One thing to remember when making this bread is that some brownie mixes come out really gooey in the middle and then bake a little more while they are cooling, so doing the classic “toothpick test” on this bread can be a little misleading. Be careful not to over-bake the outside. It is also important to let it cool the full two hours before slicing it — which is hard to do because this bread smells SO amazing when it is cooking. I wanted to eat the whole loaf the second I pulled it out of the oven, but if you slice before it is completely cooled it won’t hold its shape very well. We also dusted it with a little powdered sugar and served it with a BIG glass of milk (you will need it because this bread is so rich and chocolate-y).
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 20 oz. brownie mix We used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease an 8x4 bread pan.
- In a bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Stir in brownie mix, butter, and egg. Mix until moistened.
- Pour batter into the greased bread pan. Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove from pan, and place bread onto a cooling rack.
- Let cool for 2 hours before slicing.