This pumpkin chocolate chip bread has been a favorite in our family for years! It is perfectly dense and moist just how a good pumpkin bread should be.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
We simply love this pumpkin chocolate chip bread. It is easy to make and it ALWAYS comes out perfect. This is a great recipe to get the kids involved because it is so easy to do. Just a few simple ingredients stirred together and you are done. No need to get out mixers or dirty any appliances, this can all be done with a mixing spoon and some measuring cups!
Healthier Pumpkin Bread
If you want to make this slightly healthier, you can use coconut oil instead of canola oil. It will still turn out great! You use so little oil in this recipe, you will hardly even notice a difference. You can also make this with dark chocolate chips (my favorite way, actually) to get a deeper chocolate flavor. Feel free to double the chocolate chips if you are feeling rebellious (I may or may not do that every time).
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Celiacs and those with gluten allergies, rejoice! Because this has so little flour, it is EASY to make gluten free and have it still taste like the original. See the picture above? We made one of the breads gluten-free and the other we made with wheat flour. Can you tell the difference? My family couldn’t either. Literally. They could tell ZERO difference between the two (we did blind taste testing with six people). You can use any 1:1 flour substitute but my FAVORITE mix (by far) can be found HERE. This is the mix I used for the GF version of this pumpkin chocolate chip bread and it is amazing.
More Delicious Holiday Bread Recipes
- Chocolate Banana Bread: This Chocolate Banana Bread is SO moist and delicious. The recipe is incredibly easy. Only four ingredients and one of them is a brownie mix.
- Cranberry Almond Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl: This Cranberry Almond Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl is like Christmas in a loaf pan. Super easy to make (no yeast needed) and is absolutely delicious!
- Mom’s Zucchini Bread: Our Mom’s Zucchini Bread recipe is a no-fail zucchini bread recipe. The bread is moist and flavorful on the inside with a slightly crispy crust.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg, and oil.
- Add dry mixture, stirring until just moistened; do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- To keep moisture in, wrap with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Optional Chocolate Glaze: combine 1/2 c. chocolate chips and 1 tsp. canola oil in a small bowl and microwave 30-45 seconds until chips are melted. Stir well and drizzle over warm bread.