These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a favorite at our house. Low in sugar and high in vitamins, these are a delicious and healthy snack!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are so delicious, and easy enough to make as a quick after school snack. Lots of chocolate in each bite, they taste like a sweet treat but are actually much better for you than regular muffins. Ripe bananas and coconut flakes give it so much flavor, and because they’re made with coconut oil and very little sugar, you can feel good about giving them to your family. They’re so moist and yummy, I make these all the time. My little monkeys are crazy about them!
Suggestions for Moist and Delicious Muffins
- Try and use extra ripe bananas, which makes the batter even sweeter!
- When cooking with coconut oil, put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds or so until it softens.
- I like to make two or ore batches at a time and freeze the muffins. In a freezer safe bag or container, they’ll stay nice and fresh for up to two months. Just pull them out of the freezer the night before and set them on the counter to thaw for breakfast. You can also grab a muffin or two out for a quick snack and pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Eat these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins at room temperature or warmed up with a little butter.
- For extra crunch, add half a cup of chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds to the batter.
- These muffins can be made with peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips too for an entirely different but tasty flavor.
More Yummy Muffin Recipes
- High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins – These High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins are a favorite breakfast in our family. Perfect for families on the go that want something healthy and delicious.
- Healthier Double Chocolate Chip Muffins – These Healthier Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are the best thing that happened to breakfast at our house! More nutrients and less calories!
- Low Fat Banana Crumb Muffins – Applesauce replaces the oil in these delicious Low-Fat Banana Crumb Muffins. They are moist and rich with banana flavor and a cinnamon crumb topping.
- The Best Blueberry Muffins – These Blueberry Muffins are made from scratch with fresh blueberries! They are by far the best muffins I have ever had, they are tart and sweet and buttery.
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together the bananas, brown sugar, milk, coconut oil, egg, and almond extract.
- Then stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt- just until moistened. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and coconut.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake 14 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan immediately to cool.