These Chocolate Chip Monkey Muffins are a favorite at our house. They are made with coconut oil, very little sugar, and are so much better for you.
Chocolate Chip Monkey Muffins are filled with some of my favorite ingredients. They contain bananas, mini chocolate chips, and little bits of coconut. When I first tried this recipe I immediately fell in love, and then fell even harder when I found out that they are made with coconut oil, very little sugar, and are so much better for you than regular muffins! They are still so moist and delicious and have so much flavor. Now I make these muffins all the time, my little monkeys are crazy about them!
Some tips on Chocolate Chip Monkey Muffins
I like to hide some bananas so they get extra ripe, that makes the muffins taste even sweeter! I also like to make 2 to 3 batches at a time and freeze a couple of the batches. We will pull some muffins out of the freezer the night before and set them on the counter to thaw for breakfast. Or just grab a muffin or two out for a quick snack and pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds. I also like to eat them hot with a little butter.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together the bananas, brown sugar, milk, coconut oil, egg, and almond extract.
- Then stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt- just until moistened. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and coconut.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake 14 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan immediately to cool.
Other Yummy Muffin Recipes:
High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins – These High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins are a favorite breakfast in our family. Perfect for families on the go that want something healthy and delicious.
Healthier Double Chocolate Chip Muffins – These Healthier Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are the best thing that happened to breakfast at our house! More nutrients and less calories!
Low Fat Banana Crumb Muffins – Applesauce replaces the oil in these delicious Low-Fat Banana Crumb Muffins. They are moist and rich with banana flavor and a cinnamon crumb topping.
The Best Blueberry Muffins – These Blueberry Muffins are made from scratch with fresh blueberries! They are by far the best muffins I have ever had, they are tart and sweet and buttery.