These High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins are a favorite breakfast in our family. Perfect for families on the go that want something healthy and delicious.
There are many reasons why I love this recipe for Cereal Bran Muffins. The number one reason is that the batter can be kept in the refrigerator for up to six weeks! I have to confess it’s never lasted that long at my house because once I make the batter, I want to pull it out and make warm muffins for breakfast every morning. So, I don’t know if they taste as good on week 6 as they do on week 1.
Reason number two – after the batter is made, it is so quick and easy to throw in the oven. The aroma fills the house. My family actually wants to get out of bed to see what’s cooking in the kitchen!
Reason number three – this recipe makes 6 dozen muffins. My family likes to eat, so it’s nice when one recipe will feed us more than one sitting.
Reason number four – these muffins are loaded with fiber. I feel like I am giving my family something healthy and filling to start the day.
And lastly, reason number five – these muffins are DELICIOUS! They are moist and have a surprisingly sweet flavor. I’ve tasted many dry and flavorless bran muffins in my life, but, these are not your typical bran muffins.
There are a couple of substitutes you can try if you want to make these muffins a little healthier. You can substitute one cup of honey for the two cups of sugar, and you can substitute 1/2 cup olive oil for the 1 cup butter. I have tried both substitutions. The olive oil gives the muffins a slightly different taste, but, they are still very good.
Other Healthy Muffin Recipes:
We have a few other yummy and healthy muffin recipes that are great make ahead breakfast for families on the go that want something nutritious.
Healthier Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Chip Monkey Muffins (made with coconut oil)
Low-Fat Banana Crumb Muffin
More Healthy Recipes:
Check out all our healthy recipes on our LIGHT and TASTY Swimsuit Friendly Recipes post. There’s Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, and even Dessert ideas!
How to Make High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins
High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dissolve baking soda in the 2 cups of boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in the cereals, flour, and then add the buttermilk.
- When buttermilk is blended in well, add the soda water.
- If you are adding dried fruit or nuts, mix them in after the soda water.
- Fill greased muffin tins about 3/4 full with batter and bake for 25-30 minutes, or when muffin tops begin to lightly brown. Cupcake liners can also be used.