These Blueberry Muffins are made from scratch with fresh blueberries! They are by far the best muffins I have ever had, they are tart and sweet and buttery.
The Best Blueberry Muffins
These Blueberry Muffins are a year round favorite at our house! I love using fresh blueberries, but if those aren’t available, frozen blueberries also work great. These muffins can be a breakfast all by themselves or a perfect side for when you’re in the mood for a big Sunday or holiday brunch. Everything is better when made from scratch. Homemade Blueberry Muffins take a little more effort than a box mix, but the difference in taste is worth it!
Blueberries are so good for you!
Blueberries are not only sweet and juicy, they are full of nutrients. Here are just some of the health benefits of blueberries:
- Blueberries are high in fiber.
- Blueberries contain more antioxidants than any other fruit or vegetable. Antioxidants protect us from free radicals that damage cell structure and contribute to disease and aging.
- Blueberries are high in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and Manganese.
- Studies show that blueberries may contribute to lower blood pressure.
- Along with lowering blood pressure, blueberries may help prevent heart disease.
Pass the Blueberries, Please
If you’re looking for more great blueberry taste from your meal plan, check out some of these great options.
- Blueberry Jello Salad is a fun variation on a traditional Jello salad. You’ll be the hit of the potluck gathering with this one for sure!
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is perfect for Sunday brunch, or anytime you want something extra yummy.
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes are wholesome, delicious and easy to make in a blender!
More Delicious Muffin Recipes:
- High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins – These High Fiber Cereal Bran Muffins are a favorite breakfast in our family. Perfect for families on the go that want something healthy and delicious.
- Healthier Double Chocolate Chip Muffins – These Healthier Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are the best thing that happened to breakfast at our house! More nutrients and less calories!
- Low Fat Banana Crumb Muffins – Applesauce replaces the oil in these delicious Low-Fat Banana Crumb Muffins. They are moist and rich with banana flavor and a cinnamon crumb topping.
- Chocolate Chip Monkey Muffins – These Chocolate Chip Monkey Muffins are a favorite at our house. They are made with coconut oil, very little sugar, and are so much better for you.
How to Make The Best Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just blended.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
- Optional Topping:
- Combine all topping ingredients together and place one rounded teaspoon on top of each uncooked muffin before baking.