This Pumpkin Sheet Cake with chocolate chips is the perfect recipe holiday parties! Not only does it taste amazing, but it feeds a crowd and looks pretty too.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
This chocolate chip pumpkin sheet cake is the perfect recipe for parties, potlucks, and get togethers over the holidays! Not only does it taste amazing, but it feeds a crowd and looks pretty too. The cake is super moist and the cream cheese frosting sets it over the top. You can spread the cream cheese frosting over the entire cake or make it more decorative as pictured below. See my easy decorative tips in the recipe instructions.
Add Even More Flavor
If you want to make this even more amazing, you can always add chocolate chips. If you do, be sure to use the mini chocolate chips. They distribute more evenly in the cake and give you a little chocolate in every bite. The regular size chocolate chips will melt and turn parts of the cake more brown.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
There truly are great health benefits that come from eating pumpkin – and this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Sheet Cake uses real pumpkin. Pumpkin can be used in a lot of different recipes. My favorite pumpkin recipes are desserts, of course, but pumpkin is also very good in soups and casseroles. A couple of my favorite pumpkin recipes to make in the fall are Dinner in a Pumpkin and Pumpkin Cobbler. Pumpkin has a squash-like taste and texture, and adds a lot of flavor to recipes. It’s worth giving it a try to get the boost of vitamins and antioxidants pumpkin provides. Here are just a few of the health benefits of eating pumpkin:
- Better Eyesight – One cup of cooked pumpkin contains more than 200% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin A. Vitamin A aids vision, especially vision in dim lighting.
- Weight Loss – One cup of cooked pumpkin has 3 grams of fiber and only 49 calories! This makes you feel a little better when you eat that slice of pumpkin pie, right? Fiber makes you feel fuller longer, so you eat less.
- Possible cancer and wrinkle prevention – Like carrots, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash, pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene. According to the National Cancer Institute, beta-carotene may play a role in cancer prevention. Health Magazine also reported that the carotenoids in pumpkins can also help keep skin wrinkle-free.
- Energy – Pumpkin contains more potassium than bananas! Potassium restores electrolyte balance after a workout and keeps muscles functioning at their best.
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you are in the mood for more pumpkin treats, try out these delicious pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin Drop Cookies – With only 3 ingredients, these cookies are quick and easy to make.
- Pumpkin Steamers – This pumpkin drink with warm you on a cold, autumn day. The drink is rich and creamy with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Coffee Cake – This delicious coffee cake has a cream cheese layer and crumb topping that is out of this world. It’s perfect for a breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cups – A smooth and creamy mousse that is simple to make, but looks elegant and tastes heavenly!
- Pumpkin Cobbler – This is a traditional fall dessert at our house. A creamy pumpkin pie like layer is topped with a crunchy, buttery, crust. It is incredible served warm with homemade whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
How to Make Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together the wet ingredients in a large bowl and stir together the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix and thoroughly mix together. Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
- Spray a cookie sheet, the kind with sides, with cooking spray. Pour the batter in and bake for 25 to 30 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat together the cream cheese frosting ingredients. Pour the frosting into a large plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
- When the cake is completely cooled, decorate it with the cream cheese frosting. (You can see how I decorated it in the picture below)
- Keep cake refrigerated.