With just three simple ingredients, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are quick and easy to make. Fluffy, chocolatey and full of delicious (and healthy!) pumpkin.
How Are These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Only Three Ingredients?
Three ingredient cookies…too good to be true? That’s what I thought when my daughter brought home this recipe one day and insisted on making them immediately. But she was right, they were delicious! Besides that, they’re easy! We make them often, especially when cookie cravings strike and we don’t have time for a longer recipe. Here’s all you need:
- First, grab a box of Spice Cake Mix
- Next, mix one can of pure pumpkin
- Then, stir in a bag of chocolate chips
That’s it! The spice cake mix gives the cookies such a rich flavor and complements the dark chocolate. With the creamy texture of the pumpkin you’ll never even miss the oil or eggs. Try this fabulous pumpkin/chocolate combo in our Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake or our moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread or this sinfully rich and simple Chocolate Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
Are These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Healthy?
Because you’re omitting sugar, eggs, and oil, this is one easy cookie recipe you can feel pretty good about eating. Larger cookies (you can get about two dozen in this recipe) are approximately 95 calories a cookie! Smaller cookies, using a small cookie scoop or spoon are only about 60 calories each.
Plus, pumpkin is good for you! It’s chock full of vitamins and fiber. So you don’t have to feel guilty about enjoy a cookie or two…or three.
Tips For Making Drop Cookies
- Drop cookie dough is generally a bit thinner and stickier than other cookie dough. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to place the dough on the cookie sheet.
- When baking these cookies, be sure they are cooked through. Oven temps vary and if you pull them out too soon, the cookies can still be doughy in the middle. A good rule of thumb is watch to see when they’re barely starting to show a little browning on top.
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box spice cake mix unprepared
- 1 (15 ounce can) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together dry spice cake mix and pumpkin until completely blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto sprayed cookie sheet
- Bake for 8-9 minutes