This Pumpkin Mousse is a delightful twist on traditional pumpkin desserts and makes a perfect fall treat for dinner parties. Easy to make and so pretty!
This beautiful Pumpkin Mousse has all the delicious autumn flavors of a piece of pumpkin cheesecake but isn’t nearly as heavy. It’s whipped and fluffy and will satisfy your sweet tooth after dinner without leaving you feeling overloaded. Pumpkin mousse is so simple to make too. It’s easy to whip up for dinner guests, Thanksgiving company or just for a cozy night at home with your family. Beautiful, tasty and easy: that’s MY kind of dessert!
Suggestions and Substitutions for this Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
- If you’re making this dessert along with a big meal, you can save time by making the base of the mixture ahead of time, and wait till just before serving to mix in the whipped topping.
- I love the fact that, unlike pumpkin pie or cheesecake, this dessert is gluten free! No crust makes it a very easy recipe to make for any of your GF guests.
- If you are looking to make it dairy free as well you can easily substitute the whipped topping for whipped coconut milk. All you need is a can of coconut milk, that has been refrigerated so it is nice and cold. Then whip the coconut milk with the sugar and vanilla in the recipe until it becomes thick and stiff peaks form.
- For a lighter version, use light cream cheese instead of regular, and light whipped topping in place of heavy cream. If you are making it with coconut milk, you can also find light coconut milk.
Toppings and Garnishes
- Start with a heaping scoop of whipped topping, then add:
- chocolate chips
- cinnamon sprinkle
- a drizzle of chocolate or salted caramel
- chopped candied cinnamon pecans
- butterscotch chips
More Pumpkin Desserts
If you are looking for some other pumpkin desserts, try our Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle or our Pumpkin Eclair Cake. This time of year I am just craving pumpkin everything. If you are like me you will love our Pumpkin Pancake Recipe with Caramel Maple Syrup and Candied Pecans and our tasty Pumpkin Steamers for breakfast and brunch. You can check out all our delicious pumpkin recipes HERE.
How to Make Pumpkin Mousse
- In a medium size bowl, whip together the cream cheese, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until light and fluffy and completely blended. Then blend in the pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the whipped topping ingredients until it becomes thick and stiff peaks form.
- Fold together about 3/4 of the whipped topping with the pumpkin cheesecake mixture until completely mixed in. Spoon the mousse into individual cups.
- Use the remaining 1/4 of the whipped topping to top the mousse. Then sprinkle on chocolate chips, cinnamon, or candied pecans.
- Hand Mixer