This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Christmas Breakfast Quiche is filled with sausage, cranberries, and cheese. It makes a perfect Christmas morning breakfast or brunch.
Christmas Breakfast Quiche
My mom always makes a big breakfast on Christmas morning. We love this quiche, but sometimes we switch it up. There are so many yummy breakfast recipes to choose from. Whether you like eggs, or pancakes & waffles, there is something for everyone.
I like making this Christmas Breakfast Quiche during the holidays. It makes the house smell amazing as everyone is waking up to start the day. We usually have company during the holidays and this is an easy breakfast to prepare. It is especially easy if the pie shell is made or bought and the sausage is cooked the night before. I serve it with fresh fruit and muffins for a holiday brunch. It is rich and filling, so it doesn’t require a lot of extras. To make it even a quicker meal, you can use a store bought refrigerated pie crust or frozen deep dish pie shell. Just leave it out on the counter to thaw before cooking.
What is a Quiche?
A quiche is a French dish made with a pastry crust filled with eggs and cream combined with different types of cheese, meats, and/or vegetables. It looks similar to a tart or a pie, and is usually cut in slices like a pie. People serve quiche hot or cold, but I absolutely prefer hot. The consistency is similar to a breakfast casserole. You make this Christmas Breakfast Quiche with sausage and dried cranberries in the filling. You will love the savory flavor with just a touch of sweet.
READ NEXT: 33+ Super Easy Breakfast Ideas
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas for the Holidays
The holidays are a time for gathering, and that is what we do in our family — we gather and we eat! I love it when family and friends come to visit or spend the night. I always try to have something special prepared for breakfast – like this Christmas Breakfast Quiche or our favorite Christmas Charcuterie for appetizers. These our some of my other favorite breakfasts to prepare, especially during the holidays.
How to make Christmas Breakfast Quiche
Christmas Breakfast Quiche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake pie shell for 7 minutes. If using a frozen pie shell, let it stand at 10 minutes at room temperature before baking. Let cool.
- Brown sausage and drain excess grease. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Sprinkle cheese on the bottom of the pie shell. Add sausage and cranberries.
- Pour egg mixture into pie shell over sausage, cranberries, and cheese.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.