This Christmas Breakfast Quiche is filled with sausage, cranberries, and cheese. It makes a perfect Christmas morning breakfast or brunch.
My mom always makes a big breakfast on Christmas morning. We love this quiche, but sometimes we switch it up. There are so many yummy breakfast recipes to choose from. Whether you like eggs, or pancakes & waffles, there is something for everyone.
Christmas Breakfast Quiche
I like making this Christmas Breakfast Quiche during the holidays. It makes the house smell amazing as everyone is waking up to start the day. We usually have company during the holidays and this is an easy breakfast to prepare. It is especially easy if the pie shell is made or bought and the sausage is cooked the night before. I serve it with fresh fruit and muffins for a holiday brunch. It is rich and filling, so it doesn’t require a lot of extras. To make it even a quicker meal, you can use a store bought refrigerated pie crust or frozen deep dish pie shell. Just leave it out on the counter to thaw before cooking.
What is a Quiche?
A quiche is a French dish made with a pastry crust filled with eggs and cream combined with different types of cheese, meats, and/or vegetables. It looks similar to a tart or a pie, and is usually cut in slices like a pie. People serve quiche hot or cold, but I absolutely prefer hot. The consistency is similar to a breakfast casserole. You make this Christmas Breakfast Quiche with sausage and dried cranberries in the filling. You will love the savory flavor with just a touch of sweet.
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas for the Holidays
The holidays are a time for gathering, and that is what we do in our family — we gather and we eat! I love it when family and friends come to visit or spend the night. I always try to have something special prepared for breakfast – like this Christmas Breakfast Quiche. These our some of my other favorite breakfasts to prepare, especially during the holidays.
- Caramel Apple French Toast – French toast with crisp apples and gooey caramel. I always make extra because everyone wants seconds!
- Elise’s Breakfast Casserole – The perfect recipe for feeding a crowd! This casserole serves up to 12 people. I like topping it with sour cream and salsa.
- Nicea’s Yogurt Pancakes with Homemade Syrup – You make these pancakes and syrup both with yogurt! The yogurt gives both a rich texture and flavor. My son calls this syrup “special syrup.”
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake – Perfect for a Sunday brunch! Swirled with sweet cream cheese and fresh blueberries with a sugary crumb topping.
- Easy Crepes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling – These crepes are light, fresh, and creamy. You can choose whether to fill them with fruit or something more savory. We have lots of ideas with the recipe.
- Breakfast Monte Cristos – This is a very filling and satisfying breakfast. Ham, cheese, cream cheese, and a fried egg layered between two slices of thick bread and then dipped in an egg mixture and fried. We then dip the Monte Cristo in raspberry or peach jam. It is amazing!
How to make Christmas Breakfast Quiche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake pie shell for 7 minutes. If using a frozen pie shell, let it stand at 10 minutes at room temperature before baking. Let cool.
- Brown sausage and drain excess grease. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Sprinkle cheese on the bottom of the pie shell. Add sausage and cranberries.
- Pour egg mixture into pie shell over sausage, cranberries, and cheese.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.