My family loves this Christmas Breakfast Quiche! The savory sausage and sweet cranberries combine to make a delicious breakfast or appetizer for the holidays.
Christmas Breakfast Quiche
A Quiche is a French dish that is made with a pastry crust filled with eggs and cream combined with different types of cheese, meats, and/or vegetables. It looks similar to a tart or a pie, and is usually cut in slices like a pie. Quiche can be served hot or cold, but I absolutely prefer hot. The consistency is similar to a breakfast casserole. This Christmas Quiche is made with sausage and dried cranberries in the filling to give it a savory flavor with just a touch of sweet.
I like to make this Christmas Quiche for breakfast during the holidays. It makes the house smell amazing as everyone is waking up to start the day. We usually have company during the holidays and this is an easy breakfast to prepare, especially if the pie shell is made or bought and the sausage is cooked the night before. I like to serve it with fresh fruit and muffins for a holiday brunch. It is rich and filling, so it doesn’t require a lot of extras.
To make it even a quicker meal, you can use a store bought frozen deep dish pie shell. Make sure it is left out on the counter to thaw before cooking.
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas for the Holidays
The holidays are a time for gathering, and that is what we do in our family — we gather and we eat! I love it when family and friends come to visit or spend the night. I always try to have something special prepared for breakfast. These our some of my favorite breakfasts to prepare, especially during the holidays.
- Caramel Apple French Toast – This is a definite crowd pleaser. French toast with crisp apples and gooey caramel. Be prepared – everyone will want seconds!
- Elise’s Breakfast Casserole – The perfect recipe for feeding a crowd! This casserole serves up to 12 people. I like topping it with sour cream and salsa.
- Nicea’s Yogurt Pancakes with Homemade Syrup – These pancakes are made with yogurt and so is the syrup. The yogurt gives both a rich texture and flavor. My son calls this syrup “special syrup.”
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake – This is perfect for a Sunday brunch. It is swirled with sweet cream cheese and fresh blueberries with a sugary crumb topping.
- Easy Crepes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling – These crepes are light, fresh, and creamy. You can choose whether to fill them with fruit or something more savory. We have lots of ideas with the recipe.
- Breakfast Monte Cristos – This is a very filling and satisfying breakfast. Ham, cheese, cream cheese, and a fried egg are layered between two slices of thick bread and then dipped in an egg mixture and fried. We then dip the Monte Cristo in raspberry or peach jam. It is amazing!
How to make Christmas Breakfast Quiche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake pie shell for 7 minutes. If using a frozen pie shell, let it stand at 10 minutes at room temperature before baking. Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Brown sausage and drain excess grease. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Sprinkle cheese on the bottom of the pie shell. Add sausage and cranberries.
- Pour egg mixture into pie shell over sausage, cranberries, and cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.