These Easy Crepes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling are perfect for breakfast or even dessert! The filling is light, fresh, and perfectly creamy.
Easy Crepes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling
For those of you not familiar with crepes, they are basically really thin pancakes that are often folder over or rolled up and eaten. The word “crêpe” is of French origin and is pronounced “krape” (rhymes with ‘grape’) if you are from the U.S. or “krep” (rhymes with ‘step’) if you are from France.
The best thing about these easy crepes is that you can enjoy them in so many different ways. Making them with our yummy strawberry cream cheese filling and homemade whipped cream is by far my favorite! I have included some other delicious ideas for crepe fillings below the recipe that are REALLY good too. If you have a good basic recipe, you have a door to endless flavor possibilities!
Crepe Filling Ideas
- Sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese (top with sour cream, cheese, and salsa)
- Cream cheese, whipped cream, and strawberries (topped with strawberry jam, whipped cream & sprinkled with powdered sugar)
- Cottage cheese and strawberries or peaches
- Cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and tomatoes
- Butter, cinnamon, and sugar
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Boiled eggs (sliced) and cooked asparagus (topped with hollandaise sauce)
- Custard and fruit
- Vanilla ice cream with caramel and chocolate sauce
- Banana and whipped cream
- Mousse and fruit or chocolate
- Ham and cheese
- Sauteed mushrooms & cheese
- Eggs, Cheese and Bacon (or whatever you would put in an omelet)
- Crab and cream cheese
Practice Makes Perfect
Below, we have included how to make crepes in a regular, shallow pan and also how to make them using a crepe maker. Don’t be discouraged if they aren’t perfect the first time. It takes a little practice. Also, I have found, the first crepe never seems to turn out right (I have the same problem with the first pancake… anyone else?) by the third or fourth crepe they are all come out nicely. Once you get a feel for when the crepes need to be flipped you will be good. Again, just be patient.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Jalapeño Beef Polska Kielbasa Bites
- Strawberry Cinnamon Twists
- Creamy Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- Strawberry Rhubarb Danish Pastries
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese French Toast
- Fresh and Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe
- Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
How to Make Crepes
- In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients (if you don’t want them to be sweet, take out the sugar and vanilla). Cover and refrigerate about an hour (don’t skip this step, it is very important).
- Heat a skillet* over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray or oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan (kind of like how you would if you were trying to coat the pan with oil).
- Cook 3-4 minutes, flipping over once, until golden. The thinner the crepe, the better!
- *If you have a crepe maker, use that. They will turn out perfect every time.
For the Filling
- Combine strawberries and sugar and set aside. In a mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in strawberry mixture until well combined. Put about 1-2 Tbsp. of mixture in each crepe. Roll up and serve with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.