These BBQ baked beans in a crock pot are the perfect side dish for your next potluck or BBQ. They are sweet, savory, beefy, hearty, and oh so delicious!
The BEST BBQ Baked Beans
Every time we have a big family BBQ or gathering, my mother-in-law makes these delicious barbecue baked beans. They are always a hit! I have had BBQ baked beans many times before and these are hands-down my favorite. They are hearty, full of great flavor, and not to mention SUPER easy to prepare. I will never make BBQ baked beans any other way!
There are so many ways to make this BBQ beans recipe just the way you like it. If you want to use something besides ground beef, try it with smoked sausage, pulled pork, ham, or even shredded chicken. If you want to switch up the beans, you can add navy beans, dark kidney beans, chili beans, or pinto beans.
Are BBQ Baked Beans Gluten Free?
This recipe is naturally gluten-free. The only thing that you may want to keep an eye on is the BBQ sauce and the pork and beans. If you make the recipe as written below with our suggestions you should be fine. If you have a favorite BBQ sauce or a different brand of pork and beans that you like, just be sure to double-check the label for the gluten-free symbol.
What to serve with BBQ Baked Beans
This crock pot side dish is so hearty you could practically eat it as the main dish. But let’s be honest, most of the time these beans are playing a supporting role to another main entree. Try them with the amazing Blue Cheese Smoked Brisket Burger or any of these Summer BBQ Grill Recipes.
In the mood for beans but not the BBQ style? Try this amazing Crock Pot White Chicken Chili. You will not be sorry!
How to make Crock Pot BBQ Baked Beans
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 45 ounces pork and beans (Van Camp's is gluten-free)
- 16 ounces butter beans drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses (or dark Karo syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel and crumble or chop into smaller pieces.
- Pour off most of the grease from pan and add ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until ground beef is browned and onions are soft and clear. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Place ground beef mixture and bacon crumbles into a large crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover with lid and cook on high 1-2 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker