This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is loaded with yummy veggies! It is very healthy and creamy and full of flavor! Way better than the canned stuff.
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is rich, warm, nourishing and incredibly flavorful. I’m pretty sure there is no way to make this soup look appetizing; in fact it was the color that turned me off to split pea soup for years. But don’t let the picture fool you! The rich, creamy texture and flavor wins out over the color for sure. It is the perfect soup to warm you up from the inside out on a chilly day. Credit for this soup goes to my mother-in-law. She made this for us recently and was kind enough to share her recipe.
Suggestions for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- I love all the different veggies in this soup. It is loaded with peas, carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion. But you can add or subtract any veggies you like.
- Add chopped up ham for extra bulk and protein. Ham pairs beautifully with the other flavors in the soup.
- This soup makes a huge batch, so if space is an issue in your Crock pot, I suggest cutting the recipe in half.
- This also freezes nicely so if you do make a full batch but can’t eat it all within a few days, freeze it in individual containers. It’ll stay nice and fresh for up to two months.
- Use up unfrozen leftovers within three to five days.
- If you prefer a smoother texture, you can use a blender or food processor to smooth it out after cooking. Be careful to do this in small batches because it’s hot!
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup: Chicken and Rice Soup warms you up on cold fall and winter days. It is also ideal for busy days. The ingredients go into the Slow Cooker in the morning and a nice, hot meal awaits in the evening.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup: There are so many different vegetables in this Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup. It is very healthy and hearty.
- Slow Cooker Cheese Tortellini Soup: This Cheese Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal. Tortellini, sausage, and spinach in a creamy tomato soup and slow cooked to perfection.
- Slow Cooker Pasta E Fagioli Soup: Our version of the Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup tastes just like the original. It is an Italian seasoned soup easily made in the slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup: Many agree that this Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is actually better than the original! It has a creamy both base and is loaded with sausage and potatoes.
How to Make Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- Combine all ingredients in a LARGE Crock Pot and cook on low for about 7-8 hours or on high for about 4-5 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with sliced french bread.
- *This makes a LOT (serves 8-10) so if you don't have a large crockpot you may consider halving this recipe.