This Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is loaded with yummy veggies! It is very healthy and creamy and full of flavor! Way better than the canned stuff.
I am pretty sure there is no way to make split pea soup look appetizing. Don’t let the picture fool you though, this soup is incredibly delicious. It is the perfect soup to warm you up from the inside out on a chilly day. Credit for this soup goes to my mother-in-law. She made this for us a few weeks ago and was kind enough to share her recipe. I love all the different veggies in this soup. It is loaded with peas, carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion. Then add some diced up ham for some protein. It is a very healthy soup and is full of flavor!
I love soups in the slow cooker. It’s so nice to be able to add all the ingredients and come back to a soup that is hot and ready. This recipe makes a very big batch. If you don’t have a large slow cooker pot, I would suggest halving the recipe. This also freezes great for if you do make a full batch but can’t eat it all within a few days. I like to freeze it in individual sized containers and heat it up for lunch.
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Combine all ingredients in a LARGE Crock Pot and cook on low for about 7-8 hours or on high for about 4-5 hours.
Remove bay leaf before serving.
Serve with sliced french bread.
*This makes a LOT (serves 8-10) so if you don't have a large crockpot you may consider halving this recipe.
Other Yummy Slow Cooker Soup Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup: Chicken and Rice Soup warms you up on cold fall and winter days. It is also ideal for busy days. The ingredients go into the Slow Cooker in the morning and a nice, hot meal awaits in the evening.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup: There are so many different vegetables in this Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup. It is very healthy and hearty.
- Slow Cooker Cheese Tortellini Soup: This Cheese Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal. Tortellini, sausage, and spinach in a creamy tomato soup and slow cooked to perfection.
- Slow Cooker Pasta E Fagioli Soup: Our version of the Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup tastes just like the original. It is an Italian seasoned soup easily made in the slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup: Many agree that this Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is actually better than the original! It has a creamy both base and is loaded with sausage and potatoes.