This, Creamy Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal. Creamy tomato soup with tortellini, sausage, and spinach is slow cooked to perfection.
Creamy Tortellini Soup
This Creamy Tortellini Soup is one of the most hearty, warm filling dishes ever! There’s nothing better than gathering the family around the table with bowls of comforting, nourishing soup and warm bread. During the winter months it seems we linger at the table a little longer, filling bowl after bowl of this rich soup and catch up on conversation and good times. This is one of our family’s favorite soup recipes. Hearty pasta, sausage and spinach give the meal extra bulk, while the creamy tomato base warms your insides and your soul. Plus, the whole thing can be made ahead of time in the slow cooker so dinner is done by the time you get home!
Suggestions for the Best Tortellini Soup
- I love using pasta in soup! I think it gives it such a good texture and it makes it more filling. Sometimes using soup as a main dish doesn’t fill me up, but with the sausage and the pasta, this soup definitely does.
- Make sure that you drain the sausage really well, as the soup will turn out greasy if you don’t.
- For a vegetarian variation, use mushrooms instead of sausage and substitute vegetable stock for chicken broth.
- If you like your food spicy, add a few shakes of red pepper flakes to the crock pot before cooking.
- To make it a little healthier, you can use turkey sausage and non or low fat cream cheese. Be prepared that If you use neufachtel (1/3 fat of cream cheese it doesn’t melt as well and leaves little curds.
- This soup pairs well with a green salad and a toasted bread that you can dip in the soup.
More Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Soups to Try
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup: Chicken and Rice Soup warms you up on cold fall and winter days. It is also ideal for busy days. The ingredients go into the Slow Cooker in the morning and a nice, hot meal awaits in the evening.
- Easy Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup: There are so many different vegetables in this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. It is very healthy and hearty.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup: This is one of the easiest soups you will ever make/, filled with flavorful meat and vegetables. Everyone loves it!
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup: Many agree that this Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is actually better than the original! The creamy broth base is loaded with sausage and potatoes.
How to Make Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker on low heat.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally if possible.
- Stir well and serve in individual bowls.