This Cheese Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal. Tortellini, sausage, and spinach in a creamy tomato soup and slow cooked to perfection.
I love using pasta in soup! I think it gives it such a good texture and it makes it more filling. Sometimes using soup as a main dish doesn’t fill me up, but with the sausage and the pasta, this soup definitely does. Make sure that you drain the sausage really well — the soup will turn out greasy if you don’t.
This soup is so simple and it is easy to tailor to your family’s preferences. For a vegetarian variation, you can use mushrooms instead of sausage and substitute vegetable stock for chicken broth. If you like your food spicy, you can add a few shakes of red pepper flakes to the crock pot before cooking. To make it a little healthier, you can use turkey sausage and non or low fat cream cheese. If you use neufachtel (1/3 fat of cream cheese) be prepared that it doesn’t melt as well and leaves little curds. This soup pairs well with a green salad and a toasted bread that you can dip in the soup.
How to Make Cheese Tortellini Soup
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker on low heat.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally if possible.
- Stir well and serve in individual bowls.
More Slow Cooker Soups to Try
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup: Chicken and Rice Soup warms you up on cold fall and winter days. It is also ideal for busy days. The ingredients go into the Slow Cooker in the morning and a nice, hot meal awaits in the evening.
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup: There are so many different vegetables in this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. It is very healthy and hearty.
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup: This is one of the easiest soups you will ever make. It is filled with flavorful meat and vegetables. Everyone loves it!
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup: Many agree that this Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is actually better than the original! It has a creamy both base and is loaded with sausage and potatoes.