This Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup is one of the easiest soups you will ever make. A flavor-filled soup the entire family will love!
My mom made this for us often when we were growing up. Sometimes if she didn’t have potatoes she would throw in macaroni noodles instead (also very delicious). It is such a simple soup that really doesn’t need any other seasoning besides salt and pepper. As you can also see in the recipe below, you can whip this up in less than 30 minutes start-to-finish if you are in a time crunch and just want to make it on the stovetop. I have done both ways and I really can’t tell that big of a difference. It totally depends on what kind of time you have!
I love making this Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup with our homemade tomato juice (here). The rich flavor of the garden tomatoes come bursting through like nobody’s business. So good!
This soup is the perfect Fall soup but also works well as a Spring soup with the peas and potatoes. It would make for a great, easy St. Patrick’s Day meal (meat, potatoes, and a little green, too)! What I also love about this soup is that it is a light, healthy soup. It has a rich tomato base with no creams or butter. This vegetable beef soup will also leave you feeling nice and full, but in a good way! It sticks to you so you don’t get the munchies later on at night like some soups do. This also freezes well. You can freeze in freezer bags or plastic containers and then thaw completely and heat on the stove (or in a Crock Pot) before serving.
Is this Vegetable Beef Soup Gluten Free?
Yes! This soup can easily be made gluten free by using a gluten free beef broth. Swanson’s Beef Broth is gluten free and works great in this recipe.
More Slow Cooker Soups to Try
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup: Chicken and Rice Soup warms you up on cold fall and winter days. It is also ideal for busy days. The ingredients go into the Slow Cooker in the morning and a nice, hot meal awaits in the evening.
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup: There are so many different vegetables in this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. It is very healthy and hearty.
- Slow Cooker Cheese Tortellini Soup: This Cheese Tortellini Soup is a flavorful, easy slow cooker meal. Tortellini, sausage, and spinach in a creamy tomato soup and slow cooked to perfection.
- Slow Cooker Pasta E Fagioli Soup: Our version of the Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup tastes just like the original. It is an Italian seasoned soup easily made in the slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Soup: Many agree that this Zuppa Toscana Soup Olive Garden Copycat is actually better than the original! It has a creamy both base and is loaded with sausage and potatoes.
How to Make Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1 quart vegetable/tomato juice click here or store bought works fine
- 4 medium potatoes diced (you can peel them if you prefer, but leaving the skin on is good too)
- 1 c. frozen or canned green beans
- 1 c. frozen or canned corn
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2-3 carrots sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet cook ground beef with onion until browned and season with salt and pepper.
Place cooked ground beef mixture and remaining ingredients in a large slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours or until potatoes are fork-tender.
*If you do not want to use a slow cooker, brown beef and onion in a large pot or Dutch oven and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.