Blackberry Fruit Salad is the perfect side for a picnic, barbecue or just a busy weeknight supper. Add any fruit you have on hand for a deliciously refreshing dish!.
Blackberry Fruit Salad
This Blackberry Fruit is a simple, refreshing side dish that complements just about any meal! We ate this salad, or a variation of this salad a lot growing up. Most family picnics and barbecues included this scrumptious, fruity recipe. We always call it “blackberry salad” but in reality it’s made up of whatever fruit we have on hand. It’s the best way to use up extra fruit in the fridge before it goes bad, and there are so many ways to change it up! With the pudding mixture it tastes more like a dessert than a salad. Perfect for church potlucks, summer picnics, or just a side to a quick hot dog dinner on a busy weeknight, your whole family will love this creamy, yummy salad!
Variations for Fruit Salad with Cool Whip
- We use a regular tub of Cool Whip, but you can use the sugar free, fat free version too, and it tastes delicious!
- You can also use heavy whipping cream. Whip it up before adding the pudding and sliced fruit.
- Use up fresh fruit from your refrigerator, or incorporate frozen fruit too.
- Blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries can be quite pricey, especially when they’re not in season, so use a few of each of these, then use apples, pears, bananas, grapes and other cheaper fruits to give this salad a bit more bulk.
- Peaches, huckleberries, melon, cantaloupe, or boysenberries taste yummy in this salad too.
- Add nuts, raisins, craisins, or coconut for extra texture and flavor.
- Make a tropical salad by using fresh pineapple, mandarin oranges, coconut and bananas instead of other berries.
- Feel free to use any flavor of pudding mix to change up the flavor. We’re partial to pistachio, but vanilla, lemon or any other flavor would taste terrific!
More Delicious Fruit Salad and Jello Recipes
Try some of these delightfully simple and scrumptious salad recipes and watch your kids devour all that healthy goodness.
- Waldorf Salad
- Nuts About Berries Salad
- Snickers Apple Salad
- Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
- Blueberry Jello Salad Recipe
- Grape Salad with Crunchy Coconut Topping
How to Make Blackberry Fruit Salad
- Mix pudding mix and pineapple, add Cool Whip and mix well. Stir in fruit, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.