Instant Pot Baked Potatoes turn out perfectly fluffy with no tin foil! Plus they cook in almost half the time.
Baked Potatoes make a great side dish for almost any dinner! Serve them alongside chicken, beef, or fish. Be sure to check out all of our side dish recipes for even more ideas!
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes come together so fast, and you don’t have to heat up your house with the oven. The potatoes come out so fluffy every time. Plus, since you don’t wrap them in tin foil, the skins stay pretty crispy. Sometimes if we are wanting really crispy potato skins, we will broil the baked potatoes for a few minutes with some butter, salt, and pepper rubbed on the outside.
Potatoes are Good for You!
Don’t let the low-carb craze scare you away from a perfect baked potato at dinner. They’re actually very good for you! Here’s why:
- Potatoes have more potassium than a banana.
- They’re high in fiber, so potatoes in your diet can help lower cholesterol and decrease your risk of heart disease.
- Potatoes are chock full of Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
- Plus, they’re quite delicious!
Instant Pot Baked Potato Toppings
Now, once you have your Instant Pot Baked Potatoes, you’re going to need some toppings to go with it! I’ll give you some of my favorite ideas, but if you have other ideas let us know in the comments below!
- Simple: Butter, salt, pepper, and chives
- Loaded: Sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, green onions, salt, and pepper
- Chili Cheese Potato: Chili and cheddar cheese
- Broccoli Cheddar Potato: Broccoli and melted cheese
The cook time for 4 medium Russet potatoes is 14 minutes. Remember to adjust accordingly if you are using smaller, bigger, or more potatoes.
More Baked Potato Recipes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- toppings of your choice
- Scrub the potatoes. Using a fork, poke holes all over the potatoes. Pour water into the Instant Pot. Place trivet over the water and place the potatoes on top of the trivet.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the vent to sealing. Cook potatoes with the Manual setting on high pressure for 14 minutes. Once the timer goes off, let the Instant Pot do a natural release. This can take 15-25 minutes. Once the pressure pin has dropped, open the lid and remove the potatoes.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice!