Light Greek Pasta Salad a fresh, flavorful pasta salad that is perfect for lunch, dinner, potlucks, or BBQs! Great as a main dish OR a side dish!
The blend of flavors in this Light Greek Pasta Salad is so fresh and light. The tangy lemon and sweet honey in the dressing, the fresh mint and bitter olives, and the added crunch of the cucumbers and red onions combines to make every bite a delight! With so much flavor, you would never guess that this salad is a healthier version of a regular Greek Pasta Salad. There are only 2 tablespoons of olive oil in this dressing. The extra creaminess comes from the Dijon mustard and honey. I love any kind of pasta salad, but I can usually do without the heavy dressings – especially when the pasta is drowning in it. This is definitely not the case with this salad. The dressing doesn’t overpower the pasta and the vegetables. This Light Greek Pasta Salad is a meal in itself, but if you want to make it a little heartier you can add grilled chicken or serve it as a side with our Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce or with our Easy Crockpot Gyros. If you are a fan of the tastes of the Mediterranean, you may also like our Mediterranean Flatbread Pizzas. Counting calories and fat? In a 1 1/4 cup serving of this Light Greek Pasta Salad there are 280 calories, and 7 grams of fat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and rinse well with cold water.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and mint leaves to the pasta.
- Pour dressing over the pasta and vegetables and gently mix. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Refrigerating for at least 1 hour before serving will really bring out the flavors in the salad.