Loaded Cheesy Garlic Bread tastes amazing hot out of the oven! It’s smothered with melty cheese and can be loaded up with all your favorite toppings.
Loaded Cheesy Garlic Bread
This Loaded Cheesy Garlic Bread is the BEST! This is packed full of flavor and the best thing about it is that you can add whatever toppings you want — like a pizza. It is perfectly customizable to your liking, just plan to go on a 10-mile run after eating it so you won’t feel quite as guilty. Maybe a 15-mile run… either way, it’s SO worth it! This also freezes GREAT. Just freeze it before baking and it will last you a couple meals. It is the perfect side-dish to the usual rotation-meal spaghetti.
Toppings to Try
There are so many ways you can dress up this Loaded Cheesy Garlic Bread. In fact, it’s the perfect thing for a family with lots of different favorites. You can do individual slices with different toppings. For even more fun, let kids put their own toppings on, just like a make-your-own homemade pizza night.
- peppers (red, green, orange, yellow)
- green onions
Add to the Italian flavor
Looking for more Italian-related ideas. Here are a few to try.
- Zesty Italian Lunch Wrap is loaded with ham, salami, and pepperoni. Great for packing in a lunch box for the day, or in a cooler for picnics or camping.
- Italian Pasta Salad is bursting with color and flavor.
- Italian Beef Sandwich is a favorite way to use Italian roast beef. Slow cooked in its juices for a little kick of spice.
- Easy Cheesy Manicotti is tender manicotti shells stuffed with three kinds of cheese and smothered in savory tomato sauce. A simple Italian dish that’s sure to be a hit!
How To Make Loaded Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup butter softened (not melted)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can olives sliced
- 20 slices pepperoni chopped (again, we like to use turkey pepperoni)
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced, then roughly chopped
- 2 green onions sliced and chopped
- Any other pizza toppings you like to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except for the bread) using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- When everything is mixed together really well, spread the mixture evenly over the bread and bake at 325-degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crispy. Cut up into individual slices and serve.
- When we made this we froze half of it before baking and saved it for later. It heats up GREAT after it has been frozen!