Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
What I love about this Italian Summer Pasta Salad is that you can customize it to include your favorite ingredients. Some of our favorites that we like to include are artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, Kalamata olives, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, pepperoni, salami, red onion, green peppers, red peppers, avocados, baby corn, broccoli, and seasoned chicken. Add or subtract any ingredient you want to – it’s up to you!
It is the perfect pasta salad for summer picnics, barbecues, family reunions, and camp outs. The first time I had this salad was when our cousin Jill made it for one of our big family get togethers. I’m so glad she let me steal her recipe, I always think of her when I make it. And we make it a lot, especially in the summer.
How to make Italian Pasta Salad
- 16 oz tri-colored spiral pasta , cooked, drained, and rinsed
- 16 oz Zesty Italian Salad dressing
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
Now here's the fun part, add a few or all of the following:
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, chop and dice any ingredients that need preparing.
- Gently toss the pasta, dressing, and all other remaining ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. If you make it the day before you plan to serve it, wait until just before serving to add cheese or avocado to the salad.