Fresh oranges give this Orange Grilled Salmon a citrusy taste and tender texture. The salmon is wrapped in foil and then grilled to hold in the juices.
Orange Grilled Salmon
This is a delicious orange grilled salmon recipe that I got from Echo. Now that the weather is getting warmer all I want to do is cook out on the grill, this is a sweet tangy dish that even your kids will love. Remember when cooking salmon, to avoid it tasting “fishy” you want to cook it within a few days of buying it (I prefer getting it from Costco), and do not freeze it!
Healthy Benefits of Eating Salmon
Most of us know we should be getting more fish in our diets. The health benefits are pretty amazing. And when it tastes as good as this Orange Grilled Salmon, its surprising we don’t cook fish more often. In case you’re wondering, a few of the health benefits of fish — salmon in particular — include:
- high in B vitamins
- may reduce the risk of heart disease
- great source of lean protein
- rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
- filled with selenium
Some of the benefits may sound confusing, but in essence, salmon is great for brain development and function, it can improve cholesterol levels, which is good for overall heart health. Your body also requires protein in order to heal and prevent muscle loss. Salmon offers 22-25 grams of protein for every 3.5-ounce serving.
Catch Even More Fish Today
If we’ve convinced you to up your fish intake, you’ll be looking for more fish recipes. And of course, we have you covered. Here are a few tasty ones to try.
- Fish and Chips are crispy, flavorful and delicious. The real deal! Pair with tarter sauce or malt vinegar and you have a meal to rival any restaurant.
- Thai Fish Tacos are light, flavorful and a great way to jazz up your fish intake.
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Halibut is super easy to make and doesn’t taste fishy at all. Flaky, fresh and fantastic. Ready for you to enjoy.
How To Make Orange Grilled Salmon
- Place salmon skin side down on a large piece of aluminum foil. Squeeze one orange over the top (if your oranges aren't very sweet, substitute this for 3/4 c. Simply Orange orange juice) then sprinkle generously with the brown sugar and salt.
- Cut the second orange into slices and layer over the top.
- Completely cover with the aluminum foil, fold and seal, then grill on medium heat until fully cooked.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill