Salmon Burgers are a light and flavorful alternative to your typical beef burger. A must-try for seafood and salmon lovers!
Do you want to sink your teeth into something juicy and delicious without committing to all of the calories and fat of a cheeseburger? This tasty, and very filling, Salmon Burger served on a Sandwich Thin Bun is only 365 calories!
What Are Salmon Burgers?
What are Salmon Burgers? Basically, it’s a burger, but instead of a patty of ground beef, this uses salmon fillets as the base. This healthy burger alternative is made from fresh salmon fillets, not the canned stuff. The American Heart Association recommends eating fish at least twice a week because of the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids (www.heart.org). Salmon increases your cardiovascular health, improves bone density and strength, and is an excellent source of Vitamin D. With only 5 ingredients, this recipe is a quick and easy way to get your omega -3’s in for the day! It makes 4 servings.
Best Toppings To Use
Once you’ve created the salmon patty, you can top these burgers with all your favorite things. Lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, anything you like. You can also branch out to include things like sweet potatoes, carrots and more.
More Healthy Recipes To Try
If you’re looking to cut calories, or just feel better based on a healthier diet, we have a wide variety of recipes you can try.
- Healthy Pizza exists when you load it with as many delicious veggies as you like, all piled on top of this flatbread crust.
- Healthy Banana Muffins are a great way to start your morning. Replacing the oil with applesauce in this delicious recipe gives you a moist, rich flavor without al the calories and fat.
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Halibut is another great way to get more fish into your meal plan. It doesn’t taste fishy at all, just flaky, fresh and fantastic.
- Healthy Baked Fiesta Avocado Egg Rolls with Cilantro Dip are the perfect appetizer. Fill up on flavor, without filling out your waist line.
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies are made without any added butter, sugar, flour or eggs. Sounds impossible, right? But they’re so good!
How To Make Salmon Burgers
- 1 lb. skinless salmon fillets uncooked, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 c. Panko crispy bread crumbs plain or lemon pepper seasoned for added flavor
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil or Gourmet Garden Organic Basil Paste
- 1 Pinch Kosher salt
- 1 large egg white
- 4 Sandwich Thin Buns
- Dijon Mustard
- Toppings of your choice - Lettuce Tomato, Onion, Pickles
- Mix salmon, bread crumbs, basil, and salt.
- Add egg white and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four even parts, and form into patties
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a Sandwich Thin bun with your favorite toppings and condiments.