This Salmon Burger is a light and flavorful alternative to your typical beef burger. A must-try for seafood and salmon lovers!
Do you want to sink your teeth into something juicy and delicious without committing to all of the calories and fat of a cheeseburger? This tasty, and very filling, Salmon Burger served on a Sandwich Thin Bun is only 365 calories! It is made from fresh salmon fillets, not the canned stuff. The American Heart Association recommends eating fish at least twice a week because of the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids (www.heart.org). Salmon increases your cardiovascular health, improves bone density and strength, and is an excellent source of Vitamin D. With only 5 ingredients, this recipe is a quick and easy way to get your omega -3’s in for the day! It makes 4 servings.
- 1 lb. skinless salmon fillets uncooked, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 c. Panko crispy bread crumbs plain or lemon pepper seasoned for added flavor
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil or Gourmet Garden Organic Basil Paste
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 large egg white
- 4 Sandwich Thin Buns
- Dijon Mustard
- Toppings of your choice - Lettuce Tomato, Onion, Pickles
- Mix salmon, bread crumbs, basil, and salt.
- Add egg white and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four even parts, and form into patties
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a Sandwich Thin bun with your favorite toppings and condiments.