Parmesan Garlic Grilled Potatoes are the perfect BBQ side dish. Serve alongside grilled chicken, steak, or fish. A must for your next summer supper!
Parmesan Garlic Grilled Potatoes
These Parmesan potatoes on the grill are one of our very favorite side dishes. They are so versatile and can be served with any of your favorite grilling recipes! During the hot summer months, grilling your potatoes is THE way to go. They are so much easier than doing baked potatoes or roasted potatoes in the oven. By having the potatoes on skewers and grilling them, there is no need to heat up your oven (or your house)!
What Potatoes are Best for Grilling?
- For this recipe we use colorful gemstone potatoes with a mix of yellow, red, and purple potatoes.I found these beauties at the Albertsons on Broadway in Boise.
- You can also use fingerling potatoes or the small Yukon gold potatoes.
- I liked using the small potatoes because they cook faster and they hold together when you skewer them.
- You can use whole potatoes and cut them smaller but you run the risk of them falling apart when skewered.
Suggestions for Serving
- To serve these potatoes you can give each individual a skewer for a serving.
- You can also place them all in a bowl and serve them family-style.
- We have found if we are serving a lot of people, it’s easier to just put them in a big bowl because some people (especially kids) just want a potato or two. They seem to go further this way. However, I think serving them as skewers is more fun.
- We like to serve them with ranch or a side of sour cream.
- Lay potatoes out flat and add some cheddar cheese, bacon and some ranch dressing over the top. Be sure to add the cheese right when you remove them from the grill so the cheese can melt over the potatoes. So good!
What to Serve with Grilled Potatoes
- Grilled Honey BBQ Chicken
- Blue Ribbon BBQ Ribs
- Orange Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Veggie Skewers
- Grilled Caribbean Chicken and Bacon
How to Make Parmesan Garlic Grilled Potatoes
- Rinse potatoes and place in a large microwave-safe bowl or dish. Pour 1/3 c. water over the potatoes.
- Cover and microwave on high for about 10-12 minutes or until mostly cooked through (a little crunchiness is ok).
- When potatoes are done, drain well and return to large bowl (make sure you get any excess water out of the bowl).
- Allow potatoes to cool about 10-15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooling, combine melted butter, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, garlic, seasoning salt, and pepper in a small bowl. set aside.
- Pour half of the butter mixture over potatoes and toss until potatoes are well covered. Set remaining butter mixture aside.
- Skewer potatoes onto metal skewers or wood skewers that have soaked in water.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place potato skewers on grill and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side or until you can see grill marks. Brush on additional butter mixture while grilling.
- Remove from grill and garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and/or fresh, chopped parsley.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill