A pecan topping gives this Pecan Crusted Salmon a sweet and savory crust while the fish is tender and flakey. It is a delicious way to prepare baked salmon!
This pecan crusted salmon one of my favorite ways to cook salmon. I got this recipe from my sister Echo and it is really tasty. It is sweet and savory and the pecans give it a little crunch!
Pecan Crusted Salmon
- 1 large salmon cut into portion sized sections
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 c. flour (we use Wondra flour)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt Lawry's
- 1 tsp. pepper
- vegetable oil
- Put salmon and milk in a ziploc bag for 10 min. Take out salmon and discard milk.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Completely coat salmon in dry mixture.
- Place oil in a frying pan on med-high heat. Brown both sides (about 2-3 min each side). Place salmon on a cookie sheet lined with non-stick cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 min.