Oven Roasted Asparagus is a flavorful and beautifully vibrant side dish for any Spring meal. Perfectly tender and crisp every time!
The Best Oven Roasted Asparagus
Oven Roasted Asparagus is the best way to prepare perfectly gorgeous green asparagus every time. It is a delicious complement to our favorite meals, from pork roast to grilled steak to regular baked chicken. We love serving roasted asparagus for Easter dinner because it adds a beautiful color and fresh spring flavor. Asparagus can be seasoned a million different ways so it always tastes scrumptious with whatever meal you’re serving. It’s never soggy or mush, just tender and crispy every time. If you’ve never tried oven roasted asparagus, try this recipe! It’ll change the way you prepare veggies forever.
How to Season Roasted Asparagus
There are several ways to season asparagus before oven roasting. Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella over asparagus before roasting, add a little sugar to caramelize, use your favorite brand of seasoning salt, fresh lemon juice or even seasoned bread crumbs. You can add bacon, garlic or onions to the top as well. Basically anything goes! But check out the recipe card below to see how we season our asparagus. It’s so delicious!
Suggestions for the BEST Roasted Asparagus
- To remove tough ends, grab one stalk of asparagus at each end and bend until it snaps. It will naturally snap where it starts to get tough.
- When lining your baking sheet, use a silpat mat or parchment paper instead of foil. Foil tends to make roasted veggies more mushy (don’t ask me why, it just does).
- Place them on the baking sheet in one layer, try not to overlap and give them a little space if possible for even cooking.
- To reheat leftover asparagus, you can place them back in the oven for a few minutes until heated through or microwave about thirty seconds.
- A large spear of asparagus tastes the same as thinner spears, so feel free to roast up whatever you have on hand. Thinner asparagus can be tougher to chew, while thicker spears are more tender, so just be careful to adjust your roasting time a few minutes.
More Delicious Vegetable Sides
- Oven Roasted Vegetable Medley
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- How to Cook Frozen Corn (the right way)
- How to Cook Frozen Peas (the right way)
How to Make the BEST Oven Roasted Asparagus
The BEST Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Rinse and trim asparagus. Dry well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or shallow dish, combine olive oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss well with asparagus until asparagus is lightly coated with mixture.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.