Oven Roasted Asparagus is a flavorful side dish for any meal. Topped with olive oil, garlic and cheese, they come out perfectly tender and crisp every time!
The Best Oven Roasted Asparagus
Oven Roasted Asparagus is the best way to prepare perfectly gorgeous green asparagus every time. It’s never soggy or mushy, just tender and crispy every time. The secret is cooking it for a short time over high heat. Just toss the asparagus in oil and spices, bake at 400 degrees on a rimmed baking sheet, and boom! You’ve got a delicious side dish. If you’ve never tried oven roasted asparagus, try this recipe! It’ll change the way you prepare veggies forever.
What Do I Serve it With?
This side dish is super easy to make and it is a delicious complement to our favorite meals. From pork roast to grilled steak to regular baked chicken, it complements everything! We love serving roasted asparagus for Easter dinner. Not only does it add a beautiful color to the table, but it also has such a delicious and fresh spring flavor. Asparagus can be seasoned a million different ways. However, it always tastes scrumptious with whatever meal you’re serving.
Tips for Cooking
- To remove tough ends, grab one stalk of asparagus at each end and bend until it snaps. It will naturally snap where it starts to get tough.
- When lining your baking sheet, use a silpat mat or parchment paper instead of foil. Foil tends to make roasted asparagus more mushy.
- Place them on the baking sheet in one layer, and try not to overlap them. Give them as much space as possible for even cooking.
- To reheat leftover roasted asparagus, you can place them back in the oven for a few minutes. Or, you can microwave them for about thirty seconds. Unfortunately, the microwave makes them a bit soft, so I would recommend the oven method.
- Thick spears tastes the same as thinner spears. So, feel free to roast up whatever you have on hand. Thinner spears can be tougher to chew, while thicker spears are more tender. So, just be careful to adjust your roasting time a few minutes.
Other Ways to Season Roasted Asparagus
There are several ways to season this delicious spring vegetable. Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella over it, or add a little sugar to caramelize. Additionally, you can use your favorite brand of seasoning salt, fresh lemon juice or even seasoned bread crumbs. You can also add bacon, garlic or onions to the top as well. Basically, anything goes! But check out the recipe card below to see how we season our basic recipe. It’s so delicious!
More Delicious Vegetable Sides
If you’re looking for more delicious vegetable side dishes like our roasted asparagus, check out some of our other favorites!
- Oven Roasted Vegetable Medley
- How to Cook Frozen Peas (the right way)
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Potatoes with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- How to Cook Frozen Corn (the right way)
How to Make the BEST Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees. Rinse and trim asparagus. Dry well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or shallow dish, combine olive oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss well with asparagus until asparagus is lightly coated with mixture.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Conventional Oven