This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Easter Cadbury Egg Cookies take chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level! There is rich and creamy chocolate goodness in every bite.
Cadbury Mini Eggs
Ahh! The anticipation of walking into the grocery store after Valentine’s Day and seeing those dark purple Cadbury Mini Egg bags lining the shelves. They are irresistible, and my very favorite Easter candy. A few bags go in into my cart with the thought that I better buy them now before they sell out. Of course, I will save them until just before Easter.
I get home and hide them high in a cupboard. But, the willpower to not open the bag and have just one weakens. I pop one in my mouth. I carefully crack off the outside layer. Then, I just let the smooth chocolate flavor melt on my tongue. The milk chocolate is so creamy. I will eat just one more. But, that turns into another and then another. Can you see where this is going? Pretty soon, the whole bag is gone!
Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
The self-discipline to not eat them all only comes from the desire to make these delicious cookies. The love of Cadbury Mini Eggs is shared by the whole family, and we have Elise to thank for creating this cookie recipe. You can’t go wrong adding Cadbury Mini Eggs to anything in my opinion and these cookies are no exception! They really take an ordinary chocolate chip cookie recipe to another level. We love to eat them warm, chewy, and melty out of the oven. They’re also yummy when you chill them in the fridge or freezer and eat them cold. In short, there’s no wrong way, time or place to eat these cookies!
Mixing candy in cookie dough it one of my favorite ways to elevate an ordinary cookie. Try these rich Reese’s Pieces Cookies, our Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, or the big brother to the mini egg: the Cadbury Cream Egg Stuffed Cookies
Variations to these Cadbury Egg Cookies
- You can add chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs into the dough as you are forming the cookie dough balls and have little hidden surprises on each cookie.
- Or, use a medium cookie scoop to form the cookie dough into balls and drop them on a prepared baking sheet with baking spray or lined with parchment paper. Then place the mini eggs on top. This makes the cookies more colorful and festive, as pictured.
- Or, heck, do both! Mix some chopped up candies into the dough using a stand mixer. Then add a few more on top.
- Add a quarter cup of cocoa powder to the cookie dough for an extra chocolatey and gooey cookie.
Easter Treat Recipes
This is one of many treats we traditionally make around Easter. You may also love one of these yummy Easter recipes.
Easter Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl blend butter, sugars and vanilla with mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture until just combined. Don’t overbeat. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Place 3-4 mini Cadbury eggs on each cookie round.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool cookies on a cooling rack.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.