This Stuffed Pesto Chicken recipe turns a chicken breast into a gourmet entree! The chicken is stuffed with feta cheese and topped with pesto and spices.
*This post has been sponsored by HemisFares but all opinions are our own*
This Stuffed Pesto Chicken is bursting with flavor. I love it! We are always looking for new recipes with chicken and this one was a hit with our family. The chicken is stuffed with feta cheese and rubbed with delicious blend of seasonings and then topped with HemisFares pesto. You can have a gourmet dinner on the table in about 40 minutes. You will be amazed how easy this is to make. So simple, yet bursting with flavor!
We love HemisFares Pesto because it honestly tastes like homemade pesto (but much more convenient). The recipe is an true Italian recipe was found in an old leather notebook of a Piedmontese grandmother who was “renowned for dishes made with the finest local ingredients and lots of love”. We found this HemisFares pesto at our local Fred Meyer but it can also be found at Smith’s, Kroger, or any other Kroger carrying store. You are going to LOVE it!
Side Dish Ideas:
So many side dishes will go well with this chicken but probably the easiest side is just some pasta lightly tossed in whatever remains of the HemisFares pesto and some sliced cherry tomatoes. If you prefer potatoes, our pesto potatoes (you can totally use any leftover pesto with these as well) or our parmesan baked potato halves go awesome with this stuffed pesto chicken as well. If you are wanting to go lighter, you can serve with sautéed zucchini and squash (as pictured below).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With sharp knife cut a slit into chicken breasts not cutting all the way through, just creating a "pocket".
- Stuff each "pocket" with feta cheese.
- In small bowl combine: paprika, cumin, oregano, thyme and salt. Rub mixture over each chicken breast and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in cast-iron or stainless steel skillet (oven safe) over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Spoon pesto over chicken, cover, and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (chicken breast thickness vary greatly) until cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Remove and top with extra pesto (optional), any extra feta cheese, and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with pasta or potatoes (see notes above).