This Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle is smooth and creamy, and it takes less than 30 minutes to make! It is the perfect pumpkin dessert for the fall.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle has a ginger snap cookie layer, a rich pumpkin spice cheesecake layer, and a fluffy homemade whipped cream layer. The textures and flavors of the three layers complement each other perfectly in this dessert. I also love how the colors complement each other in the trifle dish. All the pretty colors of fall!
I am OBSESSED with homemade whipped cream. It is SO much better than what you can buy at the store. It is really important that you don’t over-whip the cream. It will be runny and it won’t hold up under the other layers.
This dessert looks really pretty in a trifle dish, but you could also layer it into parfait cups for individual servings. I used a couple of big spoons to layer this dish but you can also pipe the layers in using piping bags with large tips, or a ziplock bag with a hole cut in the corner. This makes it easier to get nice looking edges.
If you aren’t a fan of ginger snaps, you can use Biscoff cookies or you can use pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes. Also, if you are short on time, you can use Cool Whip instead of making homemade whipped cream.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
There truly are great health benefits that come from eating pumpkin – and this Pumpkin Steamers drink uses real pumpkin. Pumpkin can be used in a lot of different recipes. My favorite pumpkin recipes are desserts, of course, but pumpkin is also very good in soups and casseroles. A couple of my favorite pumpkin recipes to make in the fall are Dinner in a Pumpkin and Pumpkin Cobbler. Pumpkin has a squash-like taste and texture, and adds a lot of flavor to recipes. It’s worth giving it a try to get the boost of vitamins and antioxidants pumpkin provides. Here are just a few of the health benefits of eating pumpkin:
- Better Eyesight – One cup of cooked pumpkin contains more than 200% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin A. Vitamin A aids vision, especially vision in dim lighting.
- Weight Loss – One cup of cooked pumpkin has 3 grams of fiber and only 49 calories! This makes you feel a little better when you eat that slice of pumpkin pie, right? Fiber makes you feel fuller longer, so you eat less.
- Possible cancer and wrinkle prevention – Like carrots, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash, pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene. According to the National Cancer Institute, beta-carotene may play a role in cancer prevention. Health Magazine also reported that the carotenoids in pumpkins can also help keep skin wrinkle-free.
- Energy – Pumpkin contains more potassium than bananas! Potassium restores electrolyte balance after a workout and keeps muscles functioning at their best.
- Crush ginger snap cookies into medium sized pieces.
For Pumpkin Cheesecake layer
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add vanilla, pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until combined.
For Whipped Cream layer
- Combine whipping cream and powdered sugar. Mix until stiff peaks form.
To Fill Trifle Bowl
- Layer cookie pieces, then pumpkin cheesecake, then whipped cream until bowl is filled. Make sure whipped cream is the final layer. Top with cookie pieces and crumbs.
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you are in the mood for pumpkin, try out these delicious pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin Drop Cookies – With only 3 ingredients, these cookies are quick and easy to make.
- Pumpkin Steamers – This pumpkin drink with warm you on a cold, autumn day. The drink is rich and creamy with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Coffee Cake – This delicious coffee cake has a cream cheese layer and crumb topping that is out of this world. It’s perfect for a breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cups – A smooth and creamy mousse that is simple to make, but looks elegant and tastes heavenly!
- Pumpkin Cobbler – This is a traditional fall dessert at our house. A creamy pumpkin pie like layer is topped with a crunchy, buttery, crust. It is incredible served warm with homemade whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.