This Easy Pumpkin Trifle is smooth and creamy, and it takes less than 30 minutes to make! It is the perfect pumpkin dessert for the fall.
Easy Pumpkin Trifle
This Easy Pumpkin Trifle has a ginger snap cookie layer, a rich pumpkin spice cheesecake layer, and a fluffy homemade whipped cream layer. The textures and flavors of the three layers complement each other perfectly in this dessert. I also love how the colors complement each other in the trifle dish. All the pretty colors of fall!
What Is Trifle?
A trifle designates a dish that generally features fruit, sponge cake, custard and whipped cream, all layered together in a large bowl. The trifle is not to be confused with a parfait, which is typically layered in tall glass for individual portions, trifle is placed in a larger bowl to be served to a group.
The Devil is in the Details
I am OBSESSED with homemade whipped cream. It is SO much better than what you can buy at the store. One thing to note: it is really important that you don’t over-whip the cream. It will be runny and it won’t hold up under the other layers.
This dessert looks really pretty in a trifle dish, but you could also layer it into parfait cups for individual servings. I used a couple of big spoons to layer this dish but you can also pipe the layers in using piping bags with large tips, or a ziplock bag with a hole cut in the corner. This makes it easier to get nice looking edges.
If you aren’t a fan of ginger snaps, you can use Biscoff cookies or you can use pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes. Also, if you are short on time, you can use Cool Whip instead of making homemade whipped cream.
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you are in the mood for pumpkin, try out these delicious pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin Drop Cookies – With only 3 ingredients, these cookies are quick and easy to make.
- Pumpkin Steamers – This pumpkin drink with warm you on a cold, autumn day. The drink is rich and creamy with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Coffee Cake – This delicious coffee cake has a cream cheese layer and crumb topping that is out of this world. It’s perfect for a breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cups – A smooth and creamy mousse that is simple to make, but looks elegant and tastes heavenly!
- Pumpkin Cobbler – This is a traditional fall dessert at our house. A creamy pumpkin pie like layer is topped with a crunchy, buttery, crust. It is incredible served warm with homemade whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
How To Make Pumpkin Trifle
- Crush ginger snap cookies into medium sized pieces.
For Pumpkin Cheesecake layer
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add vanilla, pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until combined.
For Whipped Cream layer
- Combine whipping cream and powdered sugar. Mix until stiff peaks form.
To Fill Trifle Bowl
- Layer cookie pieces, then pumpkin cheesecake, then whipped cream until bowl is filled. Make sure whipped cream is the final layer. Top with cookie pieces and crumbs.
- Trifle bowl