These Whole Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries are wholesome, delicious, and easy to make in a blender! Bright blueberries add flavor and pops of color in every bite.
Whole Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries
These Whole Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries are wholesome, delicious, and you really do make them in the blender. The blender breaks down the wheat kernels and creates a light and healthy batter. You would think that whole wheat pancakes would be super dense and heavy, but these pancakes are actually light and fluffy. The best part in my opinion is the fresh blueberries. When you blend the batter it becomes warm and this causes the blueberries to get plump and juicy when you add them in. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
Pancakes in a Blender
I used my new Blendtec blender and it actually blended the wheat and milk in half the time that it used to take with my old blender. I was so surprised! These blueberry pancakes are incredibly filling and satisfying. I love my Blendtec blender. I got it about two weeks ago and I have made smoothies every morning for breakfast that are out of this world. My family is loving it. However, I thought it was time to try something other than smoothies for breakfast. I’ve had this Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes recipe for years and thought I would give it a try in my Blendtec. It worked perfectly! Of course, you can use any regular blender too.
Pancake Syrup Recipes
I served these pancakes with our version of Kneaders Caramel Syrup. These pancakes are also delicious with Nicea’s Homemade Yogurt Syrup. Both of these syrups have a creamier texture that enhances the richness and flavor of these pancakes. Of course, traditional maple syrup is always a favorite. We also have several tasty options along with our pancakes recipes below. Mix and match to find your favorites!
Suggestions for Whole Wheat Pancakes
- This recipe is ideal for using up whole wheat that you may have in your food storage. Whole wheat or white works beautifully.
- Same goes for powdered milk. If you have canisters of powdered milk that you’re not sure what to do with, this recipe will help you use that up. Or use regular milk too.
- Do not put the blueberries in the blender with the mixture. Once the batter is completely mixed, fold in the blueberries gently with a spoon or rubber scraper.
- You could add cherries, chocolate chips, banana slices, raspberries, strawberries, just about anything to this batter for all kinds of flavors of pancakes!
- This recipe makes about a dozen pancakes. You can double the recipe in your blender without having to make a second batch.
More Pancake Recipes
I could eat pancakes morning, noon and night! And with all these varieties to choose from, I could easily do it! Try a few of my favorites:
- Hawaiian Banana Pancakes
- Orange Creamsicle Pancakes with Orange Syrup
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Yogurt Pancakes with Homemade Syrup
- Gluten Free Pancakes with Coconut Syrup
- Peanut Butter Pancakes with Nutella Syrup
How to Make Whole Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries
- Pour raw wheat and milk into a blender.
- Blend for 8 minutes. If using a Blendtec, you will only need to blend for 4 to 5 minutes.
- You will be able to tell when the wheat is all blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the blueberries, and blend for another minute.
- Gently stir in the blueberries by hand.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a heated pancake griddle (about 325 degrees).
- Flip the pancake when the top is bubbly and the edges are turning a light brown.
- Blendtec Blender
- Electric Griddle