Peanut butter pancakes with banana will win you the award for the coolest mom of the year…particularly when you add the warm nutella syrup to the top. Make these for a brunch and watch them disappear!
Peanut Butter Pancakes
Oh my goodness! These peanut butter pancakes are positively heavenly. Every bite has just the right amount of that peanut butter flavor, without it being too overwhelming.
This recipe will keep the pancakes airy and fluffy, even with the welcome addition of diced banana! If you haven’t tried pancakes like these before, just wait—you’re about to make your new favorite breakfast recipe. Promise!
What Type of Peanut Butter Should I use?
It’s hard to go wrong with any kind, but for this recipe, you’ll want to choose smooth peanut butter. The goal is to lace the flavor throughout the batter, which is much more challenging (and less delicious) if you use chunky peanut butter.
There’s no need to make your own peanut butter (unless you want to, of course). Simply grab whatever kind you like best off the shelf and add it to the batter as directed below for the best peanut butter pancakes ever!
The yummy combo of peanut butter pancakes and banana on its own is really good. However, if you want to make them over-the-top delicious, you’ve got to make this easy Nutella syrup to go with it!
This is my daughter’s favorite part of the recipe. The first time she tried it, she kept saying “this syrup tastes like hot fudge!” which is one of her favorite things in the world. It made for a pretty high compliment!
You can also make this Nutella syrup on its own, or double the batch and save some for later. I like it drizzled over popcorn or over spooned over ice cream. It is also great with frozen waffles for a quick treat. You really can’t go wrong with Nutella!
Love Pancakes? Check out These Delicious Pancake Recipes
- Hawaiian Banana Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes with Blueberries
- Orange Creamsicle Pancakes with Orange Syrup
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Yogurt Pancakes with Homemade Syrup
- Gluten-Free Pancakes
How to Make Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, buttermilk, egg, vanilla and peanut butter into a large mixing bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add the diced banana and gently stir into the batter.
- Spoon about 1/4 c. of batter into a non-stick skillet over medium heat. With spoon, form a round pancake. Let cook until batter starts to bubble, takes about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned, about 1-2 additional minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Continue until all pancake batter is used. Keep pancakes warm.
For the Syrup
- Combine butter, sugar and milk into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until melted. When mixture starts to boil reduce heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Syrup will bubble and rise. Remove from heat and stir in Nutella until melted. Drizzle over pancakes.
- Electric Griddle
recipe adapted from Picky Palate HERE