Nicea’s Yogurt Pancakes with Homemade Syrup are the best pancakes ever! The yogurt in the pancakes and in the syrup gives both a rich texture and flavor.
My sister-in-law, Nicea, made these for me the last time I went to visit her. They are probably the best pancakes I have ever had. Normally, I am not the biggest pancake fan, but I could eat these yogurt pancakes all day. YUM! You definitely need to try these! They are soft and fluffy, yet perfectly dense. After you see how easy (and DELICIOUS) these yogurt pancakes are, you will never go back to making pancakes from a mix again.
The Homemade Yogurt Syrup:
The pancakes on their own are amazing but the syrup… the syrup is liquid heaven. It is smooth, slightly creamy, and perfectly sweet. I really could probably drink it through a straw. I promise, you will not be disappointed. It is SO GOOD. Try it on waffles, French toast, crepes.. even ice cream!
Nicea's Yogurt Pancakes with Homemade Syrup are the best pancakes ever! The yogurt in the pancakes and in the syrup gives both a rich texture and flavor.
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 - 3 c. plain yogurt or 2 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt we like the Mountain High brand
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all ingredients. If it seems too thick, add milk a little at a time until it reaches a good "pancake batter" consistency.
- Bring first four ingredients to a boil in a large pot. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and stir constantly for 5 minutes. Add baking soda and vanilla. Remove from stove and serve over pancakes, waffles or french toast. (The syrup will be thin-- this is normal. After it cools off a bit it thickens up. Store any extra syrup in the fridge for later use.)
- **The baking soda will make it boil high so make sure you use a large pot.***
Need more breakfast ideas? Give these a try too!
- Breakfast Monte Cristos: This is a delicious cross between French toast and Monte Cristo Sandwiches. A great breakfast for a crowd. Try dipping them in the syrup above!
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole:This Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole is perfect when you have overnight company. Throw it in the slow cooker at night and breakfast is ready in the morning!
- Grab and Go Breakfast Parfaits:Grab and Go Make Ahead Breakfast Parfaits are a quick, healthy breakfast for busy mornings. Yogurt, granola, and fruit will start your day off right.
- Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches: These Light Freezer Breakfast sandwiches are perfect for mornings on the go. You can make 24 at once, freeze them, and pull them out one at a time to heat in the microwave!
- Need even MORE breakfast ideas? Here is a list of over 30 of our favorites!