This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Cinnamon French Toast recipe tastes exactly like the favorite breakfast dish from Kneaders. The Cinnamon French Toast is topped with rich, creamy syrup and fresh strawberries and cream.
Featured with this Recipe
- Ingredients in Cinnamon French Toast
- Caramel Syrup Ingredients
- How to Make the Caramel Syrup
- Optional Toppings for Cinnamon French Toast
- Is it Best to Use Fresh or Stale Bread?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
- How to Make Cinnamon French Toast
- Cinnamon French Toast (Kneaders Copycat Recipe) Recipe
If you haven’t had the amazing Cinnamon French Toast from Kneaders Bakery and Cafe, you haven’t really had French toast! Every element is unbelievably delicious! The thick, cinnamon swirl bread makes the perfect, fluffy base. The batter is full of cinnamon and vanilla flavor. Last, but certainly not least, the Kneaders famous caramel syrup drizzled over the top. Add the classic Kneaders strawberries and whipped cream on top and you have a truly unforgettable breakfast or brunch.
Ingredients in Cinnamon French Toast
This amazing French toast is so easy to make! Grab a mixing bowl and a loaf of Kneaders cinnamon bread and get started!
- 1 loaf Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon Bread is honestly the best bread for this dish, but any brand of Cinnamon Bread, or Brioche bread cut into thick slices works great! You can also use French bread or challah.
- Milk – I like to use whole milk for this recipe but you can use any type of milk you have on hand.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Sugar
- Strawberries – Fresh berries on this recipe is so delicious. You can use mixed berries like raspberries, blueberries and blackberries too.
- Whipped Cream – whisk a bowl of heavy whipping cream into whipped topping or use some whipped cream in a can.
Caramel Syrup Ingredients
Arguably the best part of this Kneader’s French toast recipe is this delicious caramel syrup! It comes together with just a few simple ingredients:
- Brown Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Light Karo Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make the Caramel Syrup
You can serve this Cinnamon French toast recipe with butter and classic maple syrup, but this caramel syrup recipe is my absolute favorite. I put it on EVERYTHING! Pancakes, waffles, bacon, and even ice cream. For how delicious this syrup is, you won’t believe how easy it is to make. All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a saucepan and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Make sure you don’t have the burner on too high and that you are stirring often, otherwise the bottom can burn. Take this syrup to the next level by adding a little salt to make salted caramel syrup.
Optional Toppings for Cinnamon French Toast
- Add more fresh berries like blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or strawberries.
- Sliced bananas
- Sprinkle pecans, sliced almonds, walnuts or other nuts.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce or raspberry sauce over the top.
- Dust powdered sugar on each slice.
- Make a simple powdered sugar and cream cheese glaze to drizzle over the top for an extra cinnamon roll flavor.
Is it Best to Use Fresh or Stale Bread?
For ultimate Cinnamon French toast, stale bread is actually better, because it has a firmer texture, and is drier. This allows it to soak in the egg mixture without the bread getting soggy. The dryness of stale bread helps the bread from getting too soggy too, which makes for crispy on the outside and tender and flaky on the inside. If you have fresh bread, like a good loaf of brioche or challah bread, you can leave it out on a baking sheet for a little while to dry. You can cut it into small pieces and lightly toast them in the oven to get rid of some of the moisture in the bread.
Frequently Asked Questions
This basic recipe consists of your favorite bread, milk, eggs, cinnamon and a little bit of melt butter.
Make sure your griddle is not too hot. Cook over medium heat so that the inside has time to cook before the outside burns.
While you are making French toast in batches, you can keep the rest warm in the oven. Place cooked slices of bread on a cookie sheet and keep in the oven on warm. Don’t cover it with tin foil or it will get soggy.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat on a hot griddle or bake in the oven.
Eggy Bread is typically more savory and French Toast is more of a sweet dish. Eggy bread can be served with bacon or eggs, while you can garnish French toast with maple syrup, powdered sugar or honey.
READ NEXT: 33+ Breakfast Ideas
More Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
Looking for other delicious breakfast recipes? Try some of our other favorites!
How to Make Cinnamon French Toast
Cinnamon French Toast (Kneaders Copycat Recipe)
For the French Toast
- Slice bread into 6-8 slices, depending on a how thick you like it. Preheat a large griddle to 325 degrees, or a large pan over the stove on medium heat.
- In a shallow baking dish or pie dish, mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Dip each slice into the mixture, be sure to completely coat.
- Cook on the preheated and buttered electric griddle until both sides of the bread are a golden brown.
- For the syrup, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Serve French toast with warm caramel syrup, sliced strawberries, and whip cream or cool whip.
- If you want to try another type of bread besides the cinnamon bread, make sure it is sliced thick so it doesn’t fall apart in the batter.
- Some of my other favorites are brioche, sourdough, potato bread, Challah, and Texas toast.
- Recently, I went to a restaurant where they served French toast made with banana bread. It was amazing! So, you can try all kinds of different things.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.