Between me, my husband, and my daughter we devoured this entire pan of creamy basil noodles. It’s a little embarrassing considering this normally could easily serve 5 to 6 people. We were all pretty hungry and it was just so good!! I picked the tomatoes fresh from Erica’s garden and they were so sweet and delicious, but you can easily use grape or cherry tomatoes from the store. We are crazy about anything with tomato and basil but feel free to try variations on the veggies or add sliced grilled chicken. I think this would be amazing with our lemon pepper chicken (HERE) sliced on the top. Next time. :)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. thin spaghetti or angel hair noodles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 small zucchinis, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small carton cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, sliced, for garnish
- In a large fry pan saute the minced garlic in the butter.
- At the same time in a large pot, begin boiling water for the noodles, add the noodles once it begins to boil and cook until noodles are soft. Drain water and reserve noodles for later.
- When garlic begins to turn golden add the chicken broth, whipping cream, chopped zucchini, dried basil, salt and pepper and bring contents to a boil. Continue boiling until zucchini is cooked (just a few minutes).
- Remove the fry pan from heat and stir in the noodles and parmesan cheese until thoroughly mixed, then gently stir in the cherry tomatoes. Garnish with sliced fresh basil.