This fresh, creamy Basil Pasta is so flavorful and delicious. The colors and aroma will delight your senses before you even take a bite.
When it comes to pasta dishes, in my mind it’s difficult to go wrong. But the fresh, creamy flavor of this Basil Pasta makes this dish even better than most.l Between me, my husband, and my daughter we devoured this entire pan of creamy pasta. It’s a little embarrassing considering this normally could easily serve 5 to 6 people. We were all pretty hungry and it was just so good!! I picked the tomatoes fresh from Erica’s garden and they were so sweet and delicious, but you can easily use grape or cherry tomatoes from the store. We are crazy about anything with tomato and basil but feel free to try variations on the veggies or add sliced grilled chicken. I think this would be amazing with our lemon pepper chicken (HERE) sliced on the top. Let us know if you find a variation that works well.
Health Benefits of Fresh Basil
With so many “super foods” on the market out there, you might not know about the many health benefits of fresh basil. According to an article in MedicalNewsToday, fresh basil, otherwise known as Saint Joseph’s Wart, is said to have anti-aging and antibacterial properties. Anti-inflammatory qualities are another positive attributed to basil. Think along the same lines as aspirin and ibuprofin when used as an anti-inflammatory. Plus, basil is a “nutrient heavy and calorie light”, which makes it a great addition to a pasta dish.
A Little More Basil
If you’re sold on the idea of including more basil in your diet, you may want to give these great recipes a try.
- Cafe Zupas Tomato Basil Soup is super simple, and can be cooked in the slow cooker. Perfect for fall!
- Homemade Salad Dressing with Fresh Lemon and Basil is so delicious, you’re going to want to put it on everything.
- Grilled Sirloin Steak with Tomato Basil Sauce turns an ordinary cut of meat into a savory dish with rich gravy.
- Fresh Homemade Basil Pesto Sauce uses fresh herbs and pine nuts for a taste you’ll want all summer long.
How To Make Basil Pasta
- In a large fry pan saute the minced garlic in the butter.
- At the same time in a large pot, begin boiling water for the noodles, add the noodles once it begins to boil and cook until noodles are soft. Drain water and reserve noodles for later.
- When garlic begins to turn golden add the chicken broth, whipping cream, chopped zucchini, dried basil, salt and pepper and bring contents to a boil. Continue boiling until zucchini is cooked (just a few minutes).
- Remove the fry pan from heat and stir in the noodles and parmesan cheese until thoroughly mixed, then gently stir in the cherry tomatoes. Garnish with sliced fresh basil.