A few months ago, my husband went to Oklahoma to visit his brother for his graduation. While visiting, they made him these rice krispie treats… as soon as he got home he begged me to make them for him again! They were delicious! My sister-in-law got the recipe from Shugary Sweets and I knew I had to try it ASAP. It is rare that I try a recipe and don’t change it a million times.. however, this one was perfect just the way it was. No changes necessary. If you can’t find the mini Reese’s PB cups, you can also just chop up regular-sized. I have done it both ways. It doesn’t look quite as pretty but they still taste the same!
- 10 oz. bag regular sized marshmallows
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 5 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/4 c. mini marshmallows
- 1 bag (10oz) Reese's peanut butter morsels, melted
- 2 bags (8oz each) Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and turn heat to low. Stir until completely smooth. Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanut butter. Add cereal. Fold in the mini marshmallows. Pour Krispies treats into a 9inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper (or buttered foil). DO NOT PRESS them in tightly. Just very gently even the top of the treats (use the butter wrapper to press it in).
- Top the melted peanut butter morsels with the peanut butter cups. Press those in so they stick! Allow to set, about one hour. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.