One bite of this Creamy Peanut Butter Pie and you’ll be hooked! The chocolate crumb crust is filled with a smooth and creamy peanut butter filling and then garnished with Reese’s peanut butter cups.
Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
Cream Pies are a delicious dessert for any occasion, and this pie is no exception. I was invited to a Thanksgiving pie dessert buffet last Thanksgiving and this pie was the first to go. Everyone loved it! I had never thought of including a peanut butter pie with the traditional pumpkin and apple pies I make at Thanksgiving, but it has definitely made the cut. However, it will not be limited to Thanksgiving by any means! The cool creaminess of this pie makes it an ideal dessert choice any time of the year.
What is the best crust for a Peanut Butter Pie?
This is a great question! The creamy peanut butter pie filling is a perfect match for a chocolate crust, but it doesn’t need to be limited to a chocolate. There are many delicious options, including:
- Traditional Pie Crust – Try our Perfect Pie Crust recipe! This crust really highlights the peanut butter flavor. Top it with chopped peanuts or peanut butter chips for extra peanut flavor.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust – The combination of graham crackers and peanut butter is fabulous! Have you ever tried spreading peanut butter on a graham cracker? You get the idea. Graham cracker crumbs, chopped peanuts, or peanut butter chips are all great garnishes.
- Oreo Pie Crust – This can be purchased or homemade. Use crushed Oreos in place of the chocolate graham crackers in the recipe below. The dark chocolate flavor brings a richness to the pie. Save some crushed Oreos to garnish the top.
- Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust – For a milder cookie crust, Vanilla Wafers are just the ticket. As with the traditional pie crust, the vanilla wafer crust really brings out the peanut butter flavor in the pie. Use crushed Vanilla Wafers in place of the chocolate graham crackers in the recipe.
More Creamy Pie Recipes
There is a debate in my family over which pies are best, fruit pies or cream pies. I favor cream pies every time. There is something about the cold, creamy texture that I can’t resist!
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Chocolate Satin Pie
- Creamy Lemon Pie
- Butterscotch Pie
How to Make Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
Prepare the crust
- Mix crushed chocolate graham cracker and sugar together.
- Pour melted butter over the mixture and stir well.
- Spread on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate, pressing firmly to form an even crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- Cool completely before filling.
For the filling
- Chill a mixing bowl and beaters in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Sift 1 cup and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Stir or beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth in a bowl (not chilled). Add 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour whipping cream and remaining 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar into the chilled mixing bowl. Whip until soft peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter and cream cheese mixture. Mix well. Add remaining whipped cream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into the prepared chocolate crust. Top with chopped Reese's Peanut Butter cups.
- Lightly cover and chill for 2 hours or until set.
- 9 inch pie plate