Turn traditional Rice Krispie Treats into Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. Creamy peanut butter and mini Reese’s cups make it an extra special sweet!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are quickly taking the place of the traditional chewy goodies in our house. My sister-in-law first brought these delightful treats into our lives and I have been craving them nonstop every since. She got the recipe from our friends at Shugary Sweets and I immediately made them myself. It is rare that I try a recipe and don’t change it a million times. However, this one was perfect just the way it was. No changes necessary. I make these as an after school snack on special occasions for my children and they go crazy for them! They’re perfect for family trips, picnics, potluck parties or just about any time.
Tips for Perfect Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- If you can’t find the mini Reese’s PB cups, you can also just chop up regular-sized. I have done it both ways. It doesn’t look quite as pretty but they still taste the same!
- Top these treats with any kind of candy you like! Of course peanut butter cups pair perfectly with the peanut butter inside, but you could use M&Ms, Hershey bars, mini marshmallows, just about anything!
- Get your stirring arm ready! These treats don’t take long to make, but you will need to stir the marshmallow and peanut butter mixture constantly for about five minutes so it doesn’t burn or stick to the pan.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature to keep these treats nice and soft. They’ll last for about three to five days.
More Peanut Butter Desserts
- Peanut butter lovers, you’re in luck! We’ve gathered some of our very favorite rich peanut butter desserts and treats recipes right here for you. Try some and find your favorites.
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Bon Bons
- Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies
If you are looking for a simple Rice Krispie Treat recipe, try our 5-Minute Microwave Rice Krispie Treats!
How to Make Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and turn heat to low.
- Stir until completely smooth.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanut butter.
- Add cereal.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Pour Krispies treats into a 9 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper (or buttered foil). DO NOT PRESS them in tightly. Just very gently even the top of the treats (use the butter wrapper to press it in).
- Top the melted peanut butter morsels with the peanut butter cups. Press those in so they stick!
- Allow to set, about one hour.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
- 9x9 inch pan