These Guacamole Chicken Torta Sandwiches are my kind of Mexican food! Don’t get me wrong, I do love Mexican food but sometimes it all seems the same to me. I loved that this sandwich was a unique twist on all the yummy flavors that make Mexican food so tasty, and it’s in sandwich form! Staying true to being somewhat authentic, I used Mexican Torta bread, I found a big package of these at Costco, it is awesome bread! The chicken spice rub is the same one we use on our Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup, and I also used the recipe from our delicious Best Guacamole Ever! These instructions make 4 big sandwiches, but you can adjust accordingly to your needs.
|Guacamole Chicken Torta Sandwiches|| |
- 4 Torta sandwich bread rolls
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- ½ Tbsp. paprika
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 to 2 tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- guacamole recipe HERE
- chipotle or spicy ranch dressing (I used Hidden Valley spicy ranch)
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, so you have two large but thin and flat slices of chicken. Mix together the taco seasoning and paprika and rub it all over the chicken.
- Grill over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. When the chicken has just a minute left, top each piece with a slice of pepper jack cheese. (Optional: I also like to slice and grill the torts bread for just a minute),
- Cut Torta bread into two slices, layer on a piece of chicken on the bottom slice, then top that with guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, and chipotle ranch dressing then finish with the top slice of the bread.