This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Asian Cucumber Salad is so packed with flavor and textures, but low on calories. Drizzled with homemade dressing, this vibrant, tasty salad is a must try!
Asian Cucumber Salad
This Asian Cucumber Salad has so many fresh, bold flavors that you’ll never believe it’s a low calorie dish. It’s colorful, with red peppers, carrots, and my favorite- edamame. It makes such a pretty side dish. You will love the homemade dressing; it’s a little bit of a sweet cilantro vinaigrette kind of flavor. This is a great side for any Asian or Thai food. I especially like to serve it with satay or curry dishes. But it is also great on its own. What I love most is how healthy it is! Such a great recipe for those watching their calories or Weight Watcher points!
Suggestions for this Salad
- To keep calories even lower, you can substitute the sugar in this salad dressing with brown sugar or honey or even Splenda or another sugar substitute. Because it doesn’t call for very much, the substitutes won’t change or vary the recipe too much.
- Not a fan of one of these veggies? You can add any kind of vegetables you like! I love this salad with purple cabbage, green onions, orange or yellow peppers, broccoli or crisp pea pods. Use whatever you have on hand or whatever your family likes.
- This salad is best served cold so try to chill it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. The longer you let the flavors sit in the bowl together, the better.
- Leftovers taste delicious! This salad stays nice and fresh in the fridge for up to three days. Any longer and the cucumbers start to taste a little bit bitter.
What to Serve with Asian Cucumber Salad
I love to serve this cucumber salad on top of a sliced baguette with some cream cheese or creamy Swiss wedges. It makes a delicious appetizer! Or serve it alongside any of these yummy recipes:
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Mongolian Beef Satay
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Savory Sweet Asian Glazed Pork Kabobs
- Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat
- Sesame Chicken Recipe
This Asian Cucumber Salad is less than 2 Points per serving with the new Weight Watchers Freestyle system. 2 Points! Who says that you have to sacrifice good, flavorful food to lose weight? That’s what I love so much about WW Freestyle. The cucumbers, peppers, carrots, and edamame are all ZERO Points!
How to Make Asian Cucumber Salad
Asian Cucumber Salad
- In a large bowl, mix together all the pre-cut vegetables and edamame.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients, then pour over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and toss again before serving.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.