Asian Cucumber Salad is so packed with flavor and textures, but low on calories. Drizzled with homemade dressing, this vibrant, tasty salad is a must try!
Asian Cucumber Salad
This Asian Cucumber Salad has so many fresh, bold flavors that you’ll never believe it’s a low calorie dish. It’s colorful, with red peppers, carrots, and my favorite- edamame. It makes such a pretty side dish. You will love the homemade dressing; it’s a little bit of a sweet cilantro vinaigrette kind of flavor. This is a great side for any Asian or Thai food. I especially like to serve it with satay or curry dishes. But it is also great on its own. What I love most is how healthy it is! Such a great recipe for those watching their calories or Weight Watcher points!
Suggestions for this Salad
- To keep calories even lower, you can substitute the sugar in this salad dressing with brown sugar or honey or even Splenda or another sugar substitute. Because it doesn’t call for very much, the substitutes won’t change or vary the recipe too much.
- Not a fan of one of these veggies? You can add any kind of vegetables you like! I love this salad with purple cabbage, green onions, orange or yellow peppers, broccoli or crisp pea pods. Use whatever you have on hand or whatever your family likes.
- This salad is best served cold so try to chill it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. The longer you let the flavors sit in the bowl together, the better.
- Leftovers taste delicious! This salad stays nice and fresh in the fridge for up to three days. Any longer and the cucumbers start to taste a little bit bitter.
What to Serve with Asian Cucumber Salad
I love to serve this cucumber salad on top of a sliced baguette with some cream cheese or creamy Swiss wedges. It makes a delicious appetizer! Or serve it alongside any of these yummy recipes:
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Mongolian Beef Satay
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Savory Sweet Asian Glazed Pork Kabobs
- Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat
- Sesame Chicken Recipe
Weight Watchers Freestyle:
Have you guys heard about the new WW Freestyle program? Oh my goodness, we LOVE it! Remember those days when you had a stack of books and a little chart slider thing that you would take to your weekly Weight Watchers meetings? Me too! I remember having at least 3 books full of different foods, plus a journal to write down every little detail. I remember weighing, measuring and tracking every single day. It was effective, but it was also complicated. With the new WW Freestyle, losing weight with Weight Watchers is SO MUCH EASIER!
WW Freestyle Features:
WW Freestyle is still based on the science-backed SmartPoints® system but it has so many new, simple features to make losing weight EASY. It offers more flexibility with over 200 zero-Point food choices. No more lugging books and charts in your purse! Oh, and did you know with WW Freestyle you can do “rollovers”? You can transfer extra points to another day, making your days more flexible. I love that! In trials, participants have reported fewer cravings and less hunger, they felt healthier, and nearly 3 out of 4 reported that they were satisfied with their weight loss progress after use 6 months.
This Asian Cucumber Salad is less than 2 Points per serving with the new Weight Watchers Freestyle system. 2 Points! Who says that you have to sacrifice good, flavorful food to lose weight? That’s what I love so much about WW Freestyle. The cucumbers, peppers, carrots, and edamame are all ZERO Points!
To learn more about WW Freestyle, click HERE. You are going to love the flexibility. See for yourself how EASY losing weight can be!
How to Make Asian Cucumber Salad
Asian Cucumber Salad
- In a large bowl, mix together all the pre-cut vegetables and edamame.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients, then pour over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and toss again before serving.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.