Chicken Satay, Peanut Dipping Sauce, and Cool Cucumber Salad is one of our favorite Thai appetizers. Better than anything we have ordered at a restaurant!
Beau made this chicken satay for me for Mother’s Day and it was so incredibly good!! We almost always order this as an appetizer when we got out for Thai food, but this recipe is much better than anything we have ordered and you get a lot more for your money! The chicken has such great flavor, the peanut sauce adds a little spice, and the cool cucumber salad just balances all the flavor out and acts as a coolant. So yummy! This is great as a main dish or an appetizer.
For The Chicken Satay
For The Peanut Dipping Sauce
For The Chicken Satay:
- Mix the spices together and set aside. Toss the chicken in the peanut oil then stir in the spices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers and grill.
For The Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- In a small saucepan mix together the ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook 1 to 2 minutes to thicken. Set aside and bring to room temperature.
For The Cool Cucumber Salad:
- Mix everything but the cucumber, then add the cucumber in. Refrigerate and serve.