Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce is one of our favorite appetizers. Better than anything we have ordered at a restaurant!
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
My husband made this Chicken Satay for me for Mother’s Day and it was so incredibly good! I loved the meal, partly because of all the delicious flavor, and partly because I didn’t have to cook 😉 We almost always order this as an appetizer when we got out for Thai food, but this recipe is much better than anything we have ordered and you get a lot more for your money!
Cool Cucumber Salad
The chicken has such great flavor, the peanut sauce adds a little spice, and the cool cucumber salad just balances all the flavor out and acts as a coolant. The three foods together make the most tasty appetizer! Even though it is considered an appetizer at most Thai restaurants, I could definitely have it as my own main dish.
More Great Thai Dishes
If you do opt to make the Chicken Satay as an appetizer, you’ll want to follow it up with some of these other great Thai food dishes.
- Thai Chicken Salad Wraps is everything you love in a Thai dish, wrapped up in a tortilla. Convenient and delicious.
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta features shrimp or chicken, noodles, vegetables, seasonings and peanuts all cooked in one pot.
- Thair Fish Tacos are light, flavorful and sure to be an instant favorite at your house.
- Thai Chicken Enchiladas are everything you love about Thai food with all its fresh, sweet, spicy flavor.
How to Make Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce and Cool Cucumber Salad
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
For The Chicken Satay
For The Peanut Dipping Sauce
For The Chicken Satay:
- Mix the spices together and set aside. Toss the chicken in the peanut oil then stir in the spices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers and grill.
For The Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- In a small saucepan mix together the ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook 1 to 2 minutes to thicken. Set aside and bring to room temperature.
For The Cool Cucumber Salad:
- Mix everything but the cucumber, then add the cucumber in. Refrigerate and serve.