This zesty Baked Lemon Salmon is such a light, fresh summertime meal. The creamy Tzatziki sauce with Greek Yogurt puts it over the top!
This Baked Lemon Salmon with Tzatziki Sauce is HANDS DOWN the best salmon I have ever had. The salmon comes out so flavorful and tender! The lemon bakes right into the salmon. When I made this for my family, it disappeared off the table – not a crumb of leftovers. The whole dish takes less than 30 minutes to make and it tastes incredible. I never would have thought to put Tzatziki sauce on salmon, but it complements it so well! I couldn’t believe it. I love Greek food and I love salmon so putting the two together just makes sense! The recipe I used for the sauce comes from our Chicken Gyro recipe (also a very tasty dish — you’ll HAVE to try it). The only change I made was that I didn’t add the cucumbers. If you have leftover sauce, you can use it as a dip for vegetables, like carrots or broccoli, and it also makes a very good dressing for salads or wraps. It is very important that you use fresh dill. You can find it in the produce section of most grocery stores. Using the fresh stuff just gives it so much more flavor — you won’t regret it.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place salmon fillets in a well-greased 9x13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Drizzle over fillets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through (it depends on the thickness of your fillets).
- While the salmon is cooking, mix together the Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and olive oil until smooth.
- Add garlic, fresh dill, Montreal seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Let sit at room temperature until the salmon is cooked.
- Once the salmon is done, pour the Tzatziki sauce over the top and serve.