Parmesan Herb Baked Mahi Mahi is the perfect fish dish. Tender, flaky fish with a cheesy golden crust. The best baked mahi mahi recipe ever!
Parmesan Herb Baked Mahi Mahi
This Parmesan Herb Baked Mahi Mahi is the perfect recipe to try if you aren’t the biggest fan of fish. Mahi Mahi is a mild white fish and bakes up so quickly. All you need is an hour and a few simple ingredients and you can treat your family to the most flavorful, flaky, un-fishy tasting fish ever!
Benefits of Eating Fish
Besides tasting delicious, fish has multiple health benefits. It’s packed with nutrients(omega-3’s, vitamin D, protein… etc.. just to name a few), it could lower your risk of heart disease, stroke, depression, autoimmune disease (diabetes), and even asthma. It can also improve vision and sleep!
Sometimes fish can be hard to include in your diet because (especially fish like salmon or trout) because it can taste… well… fishy. Recipes like this Parmesan Herb Baked Mahi Mahi are great for easing in to fish because you get perfectly tender, flaky, flavorful fish without the strong fishy flavor. My husband, who has a bit of an aversion to fish, absolutely LOVES this and has actually REQUESTED more than once which is kind of a big deal.
Tips for this Recipe
- I typically find beautiful mahi mahi filets for a decent price at Costco. I like to get their individually packaged frozen filets. But if you don’t have any on hand, you could use cod, tilapia, halibut, or any kind of fish.
- The only ingredient that you may not have on hand for this is the Italian seasoning mix. If you don’t have it available, don’t worry about making a special trip to the store just to get some… we have got you covered. We have a homemade version on our Zesty Italian Shredded Chicken recipe. It’s so yummy on chicken, fish, burgers, just about anything!
- For a top notch Mahi Mahi meal, serve this dish with a simple side salad and some Easy Stovetop Rice Pilaf with Orzo and our Oven Roasted Asparagus. Your family will love this!
More Fish Recipes
We have lots of tasty fish recipes that you are going to love! From soups to pastas to tacos, there are so many great ways to cook up fish.
How to Make Parmesan Herb Baked Mahi Mahi
- 6 Mahi Mahi filets
- Place Mahi Mahi in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour into bag with mahi mahi.
- Press out air, seal, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper.
- Remove mahi mahi from bag and discard marinade.
- Place mahi mahi on a greased 9x13 baking dish and spread yogurt mixture evenly over the top of each filet.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over each filet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.