Creamy Bowtie Asparagus Pasta is loaded with savory bacon, crisp asparagus, and crunchy pine nuts with a tangy creamy sauce. So many flavors and textures in one dish!
Creamy Bowtie Asparagus Pasta
Creamy Bowtie Asparagus Pasta is, in my humble opinion, one of the very best pasta dishes I have ever tasted. This pasta dish was actually served to us at our wedding luncheon, and I loved it so much! Next to marrying the love of my life, this pasta was probably one of the best things about that day. People who were at our wedding STILL talk about it. So of course, I had to find the recipe. I contacted our caterer and begged her for the recipe. She was kind enough to share it with me and is allowing us to share it here on Favorite Family Recipes. We eat this several times a year, but always at a special dinner on our anniversary, along with our Anniversary Paprika Chicken, which was also served at our wedding luncheon. This meal reminds me of happy times, love, and of course, delicious food.
What Makes Asparagus Pasta So Delicious?
There are so many flavors and textures in this pasta dish, you will be blown away! It’s easy to prepare, absolutely scrumptious and feeds a crowd. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bowtie pasta is our favorite pasta shape for this recipe but you could substitute ziti, penne, or even spaghetti noodles.
- Heavy cream. Is this the healthiest recipe? Nope! But everything in moderation, right? You can use half-and-half as a substitute for the heavy cream, which we do a lot of the time. But if you’re going to have a bowl of pasta, have a bowl of pasta!
- Asparagus. This vibrant, mild veggie is one of my favorites and really pops against the heavy ingredients in this recipe. Fresh is best, but you could also substitute frozen asparagus too.
- Pine Nuts give this recipe a unique crunch and flavor that is made even better when you toast them in the oven for a few minutes before adding them to the recipe.
- Bacon. This savory meat just makes any recipe better! You can use pre-cooked bacon pieces or cook your own strips and chop it up.
- Lots of Parmesan cheese, garlic, and parsley make this sauce so yummy, savory and delicious!
- Add grilled chicken to this recipe to make it a complete meal.
More Perfect Pasta Recipes
There’s nothing like a big bowl of comforting pasta to complete a meal. Try a few of these pasta recipes and add them to your favorite meat and veggie for a special dinner or a busy weeknight supper.
- Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- One Pot Jambalaya Pasta Dinner
- Spicy Sausage Pasta
- Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera
- Baked Feta Pasta
How to Make Creamy Bowtie Asparagus Pasta
- 1 pkg. bow tie pasta
- 1/2 c. butter 1 stick (the real stuff-- can be reduced to 1/4 c. to make lighter)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 pint heavy cream (or half & half to make lighter)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 spears asparagus (blanched and cut into pieces)
- 1/2 c. bacon crumbled
- 1/2 c. toasted pinenuts or to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Boil bow tie pasta in salted water until al dente. Do NOT over cook.
- In wok or heavy skillet melt butter. Add minced garlic and saute a minute or so.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and bouillon cube(s). When the bouillon cube is dissolved, slowly stir in heavy cream and salt & pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and toss until pasta is well covered. Add blanched asparagus.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pinenuts, parsley & Parmesan cheese and toss together. Serve immediately.