This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Creamy bowtie asparagus pasta is loaded with savory bacon, crisp asparagus, and crunchy pine nuts with a tangy creamy sauce. So many flavors and textures in one dish!
Featured with this recipe
Creamy bowtie asparagus pasta is, in my humble opinion, one of the very best pasta dishes I have ever tasted. This has been our special date night, anniversary, or holiday go-to dinner! It is one of the best flavor combinations with a soft, savory, and asparagus crunch to every bite. This is a MUST-make dinner!
We love a good pasta dish for dinner! This creamy bowtie asparagus pasta has all the flavor and love in it. It is a quick meal to fix on those busy nights but also a decadent dish that is served during special occasions or when guests come over. Watch this pasta dinner disappear from everyone’s bowl in a matter of minutes. It is that good!
Creamy Bowtie Asparagus Pasta Ingredients
Pasta dishes are my thing! They are quick and easy to make plus you have all the flavor and savory appeal at the same time. This combination of pasta, asparagus, and bacon with a creamy sauce is unforgettable!
- Bow tie pasta – Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked set aside.
- Butter – This adds to the creaminess and gives the sauce a buttery ribbon look in the bowl.
- Garlic – We can’t get enough of garlic! It is flavorful and easy to add to any dinner giving it just that little boost of flavor.
- Parmesan cheese – Grated parmesan cheese is melted down and blended for a thick and rich creamy pasta sauce.
- Chicken bouillon – Add these cubes or the powder for the boost of flavor you are needing this sauce.
- Heavy cream – Gives the sauce a thick and creamy base. It is flavorful and has the sweetness of the cream.
- Asparagus – This vibrant, mild veggie is one of my favorites and pops against the heavy ingredients in this recipe. Fresh is best, but you could also substitute frozen asparagus too.
- Bacon –This savory meat just makes any recipe better! You can use pre-cooked bacon pieces or cook your very own strips and chop them up.
- Toasted pinenuts – Pine Nuts give this recipe a unique crunch and flavor that is made even better when you toast them in the oven for a few minutes before adding them to the recipe.
- Parsley – Top the pasta off with fresh parsley for appearance and that extra taste!
How to Make Asparagus Pasta
Asparagus pasta is simple to make and is loaded with all the flavors! You know when you have a creamy base, bacon, and delicious pasta mixed is going to give an amazingly delicious dinner! This is a MUST make for sure!
- Cook pasta – In a large pot boil bow-tie pasta in salted water until al dente. Do NOT overcook. Drain the pasta water and set aside.
- Saute – In a wok or heavy skillet melt butter. Add minced garlic and saute for a minute or so.
- Mix – Add Parmesan Cheese and bouillon cube(s). When the bouillon cube is dissolved, slowly stir in heavy cream and salt & pepper.
- Combine – Add cooked pasta to the cream sauce and toss until pasta is well covered. Add blanched asparagus.
- Garnish – Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pinenuts, parsley & Parmesan cheese and toss together. Serve immediately.
What Makes Asparagus Pasta So Delicious?
There are so many flavors and textures in this pasta dish, you will be blown away! It’s easy to prepare, absolutely scrumptious, and feeds a crowd. Follow these variations or ideas to make this one of the best dishes!
- Pasta – Bowtie pasta is our favorite pasta shape for this recipe but you could substitute ziti, penne, or even spaghetti noodles.
- Heavy cream – Is this the healthiest recipe? Nope! But everything is in moderation, right? You can use half-and-half as a substitute for heavy cream, which we do a lot of the time. But if you’re going to have a bowl of pasta, have a bowl of pasta!
- Making it delicious – Lots of Parmesan cheese, garlic, and parsley make this sauce so yummy, savory, and delicious!
- Protein – Add grilled chicken to this recipe to make it a complete meal.
“This recipe is outstanding, I will definitely be making this again.”-Stephanie
Frequently Asked Questions
Bowtie pasta is a favorite in light base pasta dishes as well as rich and creamy sauces. The butterfly shape will soak in and hold the sauce to taste the deliciousness in every bite.
Just like any other pasta, bowtie has the same or very similar ingredients. Flour and eggs as the base and some include dough from semolina flour with it.
Italians call bowtie pasta farfalle which means butterflies in Italian. For homemade farfalle, simply cut fresh pasta into a small rectangle shape. Pinch the centers together making it look like a butterfly.
More Perfect Pasta Recipes
There’s nothing like a big bowl of comforting pasta to complete a meal. Try a few of these pasta recipes and add them to your favorite meat and veggie for a special dinner or a busy weeknight supper.
Creamy Bowtie and Asparagus Pasta (aka Anniversary Pasta)
- 1 package bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick (the real stuff– can be reduced to ¼ c. to make lighter)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 pint heavy cream (or half & half to make lighter)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 spears asparagus (blanched and cut into pieces)
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup toasted pinenuts or to taste
- parsley to taste
- parmesan cheese to taste
- Boil bow tie pasta in salted water until al dente. Do NOT over cook.
- In wok or heavy skillet melt butter. Add minced garlic and saute a minute or so.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and bouillon cube(s). When the bouillon cube is dissolved, slowly stir in heavy cream and salt & pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and toss until pasta is well covered. Add blanched asparagus.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pinenuts, parsley & Parmesan cheese and toss together. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.