This Creamy Bowtie Asparagus Pasta is loaded with bacon, asparagus, and pine nuts. Serve with chicken to make a complete meal. So tasty!
The Creamy Bowtie Pasta Back Story
This creamy bowtie & asparagus pasta is ALWAYS a favorite, I guess we could say it is one of the best pasta dishes. This pasta dish was actually originally served to us at our wedding luncheon. It was my wedding day so I didn’t want to stuff my face in front of everyone but I remember thinking that I REALLY wanted to.
I pretty much only had a Costco sample-size portion.. but it was enough to know that it was amazing. Everyone was raving over it. People who were at our wedding STILL talk about it. Not even kidding. I still get people coming up to me and telling me how delicious the food was at our wedding.
I had to find the recipe,
Immediately after the wedding I contacted our caterer and begged her for the recipe so I could make it on my own and fully enjoy it (instead of eating a canary portion)– she was kind enough to share it with me and is allowing us to share it here on Favorite Family Recipes. We have this pasta dish a few times a year, but ALWAYS on or around our anniversary.
Is it Healthy? Not Really…But it is Great for Crowds
We LOVE this stuff! Is it the healthiest pasta? Hmmmm.. no. You can use half-and-half as a substitute for the cream (this is what we usually do and it tastes just as good… but we are able to eat it with a little less guilt).
This is a great one for crowds (if doubled or tripled) or just a small family! ???? Tastes great with our Anniversary Paprika Chicken, which was also served at our wedding luncheon and just as delicious.
- 1 pkg. bow tie pasta
- 1/2 c. butter 1 stick (the real stuff-- can be reduced to 1/4 c. to make lighter)
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 cube(s) chicken bouillon
- 1 pint heavy cream (or half & half to make lighter)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10-15 spears asparagus (blanched and cut into pieces)
- 1/2 c. bacon crumbled
- 1/2 c. toasted pinenuts or to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Boil bow tie pasta in salted water until al dente. Do NOT over cook.
- In wok or heavy skillet melt butter. Add minced garlic and saute a minute or so.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and bouillon cube(s). When the bouillon cube is dissolved, slowly stir in heavy cream and salt & pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to cream sauce and toss until pasta is well covered. Add blanched asparagus.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, toasted pinenuts, parsley & Parmesan cheese and toss together. Serve immediately.