One Pot Jambalaya Pasta is the perfect meal. Throw everything in a pot & dinner is done in 20 minutes. Better than Cheesecake Factory’s Jambalaya pasta!
Can you tell I have been loving these one-pot dinners? They are the best! I came up with this One Pot Jambalaya Pasta recipe when I was craving Jambalaya but I wanted to make it simplified somehow. I have had the Jambalaya Pasta at Cheesecake Factory (one of my favs) and wanted to see if I could turn it into a one-pot meal like the One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles. It was a HUGE success! It literally took minutes to throw this all together and all I had to do was stir it every once in a while. I love how the noodles in these one pot meals soak up all the flavor and seasonings… seriously, SO stinkin’ delicious!
After making this One Pot Jambalaya Pasta, my husband and I were totally fighting over the leftovers. If you want to add shrimp to the mix– don’t add it at the very beginning (they will get overcooked). Throw the shrimp in about 10-15 minutes into the simmering process. They will get nice and pink by the time you are ready to serve. Also, if you would like to give the smoked sausage a little boost of flavor- saute it in a little butter before adding all the other ingredients. If you are in a hurry (like I usually am) you can just throw it in with all the other ingredients. Either way it will taste amazing!
One Pot Jambalaya Pasta is the perfect meal. Throw everything in a pot & dinner is done in 20 minutes. Better than Cheesecake Factory's Jambalaya pasta!
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 white onion (or yellow) diced
- 1 Lb. smoked sausage sliced
- 4 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning we like Tony Chachere's
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Lb. pasta noodles we like linguine or spaghetti
- 1 Lb. Shrimp uncooked, peeled, deveined, optional
- In a large stockpot or large, deep-walled skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until white (it doesn't need to be cooked through). Add remaining ingredients (minus shrimp and cilantro).
- Bring to a boil, stirring often. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer* for about 20-25 minutes or until noodles become soft, stirring often. Add more chicken broth if necessary.
- *If adding shrimp, add about 15 minutes into the simmering process.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.
More One Pot Meals:
- Skinny One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles: These creamy garlic noodles are delicious yet so easy and clean-up is a snap. No creams or large amounts of butter, making this meal a winner all-around!
- One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls : These one pot chicken teriyaki rice bowls make for the EASIEST week-night meal. You throw everything in one pot and let it simmer until finished!
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta:This One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta features shrimp or chicken, noodles, vegetables, seasonings, and peanuts all cooked together in a light, creamy peanut sauce.
- One Pot Tortellini with Sausage:This Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage is a delicious meal that whips up in less than 30 minutes. The seasonings in the sauce make it so flavorful!