This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
One Pot Jambalaya Pasta is the perfect meal. Throw everything in a pot and dinner is done in 20 minutes. Better than Cheesecake Factory’s Jambalaya pasta!
One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
Can you tell I have been loving these one-pot dinners? They are the best! I came up with this One Pot Jambalaya Pasta recipe when I was craving Jambalaya but I wanted to make it simplified somehow. I have had the Jambalaya Pasta at Cheesecake Factory (one of my favs) and wanted to see if I could turn it into a one-pot meal like the One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles. It was a HUGE success! It literally took minutes to throw this all together and all I had to do was stir it every once in a while. I love how the noodles in these one pot meals soak up all the flavor and seasonings… seriously, SO stinkin’ delicious!
What is Jambalaya?
In its simplest definition, Jambalaya is a mixture of rice cooked with ham, sausage, chicken, shrimp or oysters, along with a variety of herbs. More specific definitions advise using a trinity of celery, peppers and onions, then adding meat. There are distinctions between southern Jambalaya, Creole and Cajun versions. But when it comes down to it, you get to choose what to throw in this pot. Season it up right and you have an amazing one-pot meal.
If you want to add shrimp to the mix– don’t add it at the very beginning (they will get overcooked). Throw the shrimp in about 10-15 minutes into the simmering process. They will get nice and pink by the time you are ready to serve. Also, if you would like to give the smoked sausage a little boost of flavor, saute it in a little butter before adding all the other ingredients. If you are in a hurry (like I usually am) you can just throw it in with all the other ingredients. Either way it will taste amazing!
More One Pot Meals:
- Skinny One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles: These creamy garlic noodles are delicious yet so easy and clean-up is a snap. No creams or large amounts of butter, making this meal a winner all-around!
- One Pot Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls : These one pot chicken teriyaki rice bowls make for the EASIEST week-night meal. You throw everything in one pot and let it simmer until finished!
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta:This One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta features shrimp or chicken, noodles, vegetables, seasonings, and peanuts all cooked together in a light, creamy peanut sauce.
- One Pot Tortellini with Sausage:This Creamy One Pot Tortellini with Sausage is a delicious meal that whips up in less than 30 minutes. The seasonings in the sauce make it so flavorful!
How to make One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 white onion (or yellow) diced
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles RO*TEL brand
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning Tony Chachere’s is the best!
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound pasta noodles we like linguine or spaghetti
- 1 pound shrimp uncooked, peeled, deveined (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large stockpot or large, deep-walled skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until white (it doesn’t need to be cooked through).
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT shrimp and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer* for about 20-25 minutes or until noodles become soft, stirring often. Add more chicken broth if necessary.
- *If adding shrimp, add it at about 10 minutes into the simmering process. The shrimp will need to simmer for 15 minutes to be fully cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.